Anyone set up for powder coating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone set up for powder coating?

I am building a new stand to replace a rotted-out Oceanic MDF stand (saltwater sumps will destroy everything around them!). I love the powder coating on my 26 bowfront stand manufactured by Aquatic Fundamentals so was wondering if anyone has the ability to do these types of finishes. The largest piece of plywood for my project should be 31"x28".

Otherwise I will resort to the old primer and paint routine...

Thanks!

I am getting ready to send a 4 wheeler frame to a place in cypress. be prepared its not cheep . to do a basic coat its 150 for the frame only. 25$ per small wheel. so total will be around 250 to coat a small suzuki 50 4 wheeler. plus i do not think they can coat wood. needs to be metal. verry high temps to bake the powder.
    People who stand for nothing will fall for everything.

30 cube ( Hi tech planted)(for sale)
    29 bio cube (reef)
    20 cube (kids tank)

Comment

Somehow it is possible to powder coat MDF:

Seems like the DIY home kits would be cheaper.. but I really don't want to spend too much for this project.

I am just now investigating ways to do water-resistant finishes. Thanks for the fiberglass idea!

Comment

Thanks for this great information as I am looking for powder coating mdf. There are many benefits of such coating. As it directs protects from scratches, rough handling, chemicals or also for water spills and also for extreme temperature factor.

powder coating mdf

Comment

hmm, i didnt know u could PC wood either. i have had guitar parts done from the auto guys on craigslist...small time guys who can do it cheap and do good work. an option that i have used for guitar cabinets is bed liner. look for a type with a small grain and it looks good, will last forever, plus strengthens the stand. i think the last type i used was knight or cavalier or something like that from walmart.
          75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
          28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
          12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
          29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
          45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
          33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Working...
          X