• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Chat?

Does anyone use the live chat?
    I use it, and think we should keep it.
    21.05%
    I don't use it, and think we should get rid of it.
    78.95%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by fishboyt; 04-20-2009, 08:58 PM.
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

I wanted to use it, but after a few days of having it, no one was in the rooms. :(
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
      I wanted to use it, but after a few days of having it, no one was in the rooms. :(

That's what the problem is! I would use all the time if other people would go on it also.

Comment

As I mentioned, I went there a few times, and played with some of the neat little features, I chatted a bit with some fellow box members, but there seems to be a lack of any real interest for the most part.....I found myself sitting in the chat room with 3 or 4 others, but no one was paying attention to the chat room, so I stopped going in there....

I would vote to remove the chat room if indeed its cost was significant.

CF
        Last edited by CichlidFan; 04-20-2009, 09:36 PM.
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

The first day of using it was quite fun. The program thought that the word "bash" was profanity, so Guy Geek and I started testing it using other profane words and expressions. Then Jesper logs in while GG and I are cussing at each other, testing the limits! I can only imagine what went though Jesper's mind as we were calling each other @&^% head and !@*&##%er!
          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
            The first day of using it was quite fun. The program thought that the word "bash" was profanity, so Guy Geek and I started testing it using other profane words and expressions. Then Jesper logs in while GG and I are cussing at each other, testing the limits! I can only imagine what went though Jesper's mind as we were calling each other @&^% head and !@*&##%er!

Comment

I think the poll should indicate another option. Something along the lines of "I would use it if others did".

Was there a feature that let's you know who is logged in to chat in real time with out actually being in chat? It may be there and just overlooked it.
              Raul
              PokerFace

Comment

OK...I found it. I love HFB...but it can be overwhelming.
                Raul
                PokerFace

Comment

Originally posted by CichlidFan View Post
                  I would vote to remove the chat room if indeed its cost was significant.

CF
                  Just for the record...there is no additional cost to have it. I paid $5 for the software and the only other cost was the time it took me to load and configure it. As far as monthly costs...there are none.

But if it's of no use, I would also vote to remove it.
                  Our Fishhouse
                  Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

problem solved already paid for and done with

Comment

But having the feature interfers with some people's browser.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yep. It makes our site show up on a blocked list in some people's workplaces.
                        Our Fishhouse

Comment

Was there not an issue with some boxers being blocked by their office servers due to having a live chat?

Never mind, a day late and a dollar short .
                          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Will the site run faster without it?
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

No. Is the site running slow for you?
                              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                              X