Clear All

• say no to HR669

HR669 means
    No more Betta imports from Thialand
    No more shipping Bettas across state lines to Betta Shows
    No more keeping Bettas
    No more breeding Bettas
    No more wild bettas
    No more saving endangered species bettas.

Go to this page and send an e-mail to your represenatives

Last edited by PhishPhreek; 04-18-2009, 02:30 PM.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

19 April 2009

House Committee on Natural Resources
    Subcommittee on Insular Affairs, Oceans & Wildlife
    187 Ford House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515

Re: BETTAHABARI OPPOSES HR 669

Dear Mr. Chairman and Honorable Committee Members,
    BETTAHABARI OPPOSES HR 669 and we ask that you vote NO ON HR 669, and that you do not allow it to pass out of your committee.
    BETTAHABARI is the Houston Chapter of the International Betta Congress and represents Betta Importers, hobbiests, breeders & pet owners who will be harmed by HR 669 if it becomes law.
    Our members import, research, breed, show, keep and provide services for, non-native animal species (Betta Splendens as well as several wild endangered betta species) which have been in this country for many years without causing harm to the environment, to native species, or to human health. Our members are responsible owners and businesses, and there is no reason to believe that the non-native species that we own, work with, or provide services for, will cause future harm to the environment, to native species, or to human health.
    While the stated intent of HR 669 is to protect the environment, HR 669 will not achieve that stated purpose. Instead, HR 669 will cause great harm to non-native species both inside and outside of the US , and to the people who own them or whose businesses depend on them.
    Please do not allow HR 669 to pass out of your committee.
    Very truly yours,

John R. Baker
    President BettaHabari – Houston Chapter of the International Betta Congress
    Secretary Houston Livebearer Assoc.
    Vice President Catfish And Kool Plecos
    Member Houston Aquarium Society
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
    X