what are typical discus growth rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are typical discus growth rates?

I have 5 2.5in blue diamonds,1 3-4in lepard, 1 3.5 pegion. I was wondering with changing the water every day to every other day 50% what would be a typical growth rate to reach a 6" fish or so?
    People who stand for nothing will fall for everything.

30 cube ( Hi tech planted)(for sale)
    29 bio cube (reef)
    20 cube (kids tank)

In my opinion,
    type of food, the quantity and quality, how many time a day would be considered also.
    the one which is more aggressive will eat more and grow faster.
    50% water change is so good, but also consider about water condition.

Comment

Like Tony says, there are several factors involved in growth rate. Blue diamonds tend to mature slower than turqs and red strains, and may take 18 months to reach sexual maturity. Juvies grow better in harder water so RO is not necessary for grow-out. I grew out Bully and my other juvies in local tap with 3 to 4 feedings a day of varied foods, and every other day 50% partials. Bully is not the biggest discus I've ever had, but she's over 7" and reached that size in a year. A discus is at its greatest rate of growth during the first 4 months of life.

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

my biggest discus is a leopard 5". the rest stay after this fish-all 4"

Comment

Working...
        X