Flowerhorn help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowerhorn help...

I recently got offered a flowerhorn, and it got me thinking as I looked them up on google.. They really sound like some cool fish.

What is the minimum tank size for a flowerhorn?

Also, if you are the person who pmed me about the trade, please pm me again, I accidently deleted it after I replied, and I believe I may now be interested..
    Currently fishless, but a proud mama to a musk turtle hatchling.

cool fish, i dont care if you get an ugly fish and start treating it right you will see an improvement. they like to be kept alone, they are very aggressive. i noticed that once i place my juvies in their own tanks(out of the growout tank) they immediatley look better... colors pop out, etc...

Comment

tank size depends on the size... however, if the fish is kept by itself in a bigger tank, it will show the most of its potential, versus cramped in a smaller tank or sharing a tank with multiple fish... exception- blood parrots are sometimes ok, and if you put one fish the same size or smaller in the same tank as the flowerhorn, the fh will bully the other fish making the fh colors pop out more... ive heard of people putting a "bait" fish in the tank to give their fh somethin to do, and to give the fh a workout... kinda like "flushing" a betta- right ek? lol

Comment

Working...
      X