DIY Fish MRE's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Fish MRE's

I work in a hospital & one of the benifits is having access to all kinds of random crap. Well I found a new useful item courtesy of my friends in the pharmacy. They make all of their own blister packaged pills & don't use the larger blister packs that often. These are about an half ounce in size. So I brought some home an prepacked all my dry foods for feeding in them. I combined micro pellets, BS flakes, Cichlid Crisps & even algae wafers, all premeasured & ready to go. No more digging out 3 or four cans of food & measuring for each.

Now if I'm ever out of town, My wife can successfully feed my fish without overfeeding them.

He's a couple of pics:
    This is the empty blisters & the label sheets behind it that seal the packs up.

Here is one prepackaged community tank meal. It's an MRE for my fish

Cool!
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

HAhahaha my fiance is studying pharmacy and I saw those and was thinking the same thing!

I was actually thinking about using it for my shrimp mix.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Those look really neat! You could probably even use them to portion out frozen food.
        -Laura-

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
          HAhahaha my fiance is studying pharmacy and I saw those and was thinking the same thing!

I was actually thinking about using it for my shrimp mix.
          Yeah, you could put quite a variety of stuff in these things. I would like to find some that are even bigger than these, but I haven't had time to check the pharmacy supplier to see if they make either deeper or just bigger ones.

Originally posted by FuzzyDragon09 View Post
          Those look really neat! You could probably even use them to portion out frozen food.
          That's my next step. I would like to be able to mix my frozen foods to provide variety all in the same shot. Right now my method consists of trying to split cubes & breaking off flat pack to get the mix I want. It's not very efficient or clean this way.
          Last edited by ElijahTurtle; 04-04-2009, 10:33 PM.

Comment

its funny how when we see normal everyday stuff we think of ways it could help our fish. I do it all the time, nice idea.
            25g - Reef
            3.5g - Surge Tank
            10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

That is a great idea. I will have to ask my fiance to get me some. This is awsome.

Phung

Comment

Originally posted by ElijahTurtle View Post
                That's my next step. I would like to be able to mix my frozen foods to provide variety all in the same shot. Right now my method consists of trying to split cubes & breaking off flat pack to get the mix I want. It's not very efficient or clean this way.
                How are you going to mix them? Could you thaw them out just a little, mix them together, and then re-freeze them?
                -Laura-

Comment

I had planned on thawing them in water & draining them, then fill the cups with the food mix, top off with water so they don't get freezer burn & then refreeze them.
                  If I had a daphnia culture going, I could go strait from culture tank to the freezer for maximum nutrition as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X