Fish Ranch II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Ranch II

well, i went into Fish Ranch II Yesterday, and was in there to get a few eartheaters.
    anywho, i called 1 hour before getting to make sure they still had the Satanoperca Daemon, and they stated they had them.
    well, i get there, and they tell me they sold them 2 days prior:evil::furious:

but wait theres more!
    i stated i wanted 2 other eartheaters, and told them i was ready to get them.
    mike said he would be right with me, well, i sat there waiting for about 12 minutes, and knowone came, and the other guy there, dont know his name, but he sat there shootin the s**t with some guy acting as though he was oblivious to me:furious:

then i tell mike again, i really need to get going, can you please come bag my fish?
    he says i will be right there, so im like alright, another 15 minutes goes by, knowone, and the other guy is STILL SHOOTIN THE S**T with this guy, who is not even buying anything!:evil::furious:

then, i say F-IT!
    and i start to walk out, i am totaly pissed at this point!
    and only after i am storming out of the store does mike come running over to help me!:furious:
    i just walked out!
    i am very p***ed about the service i recieved at this store.
    espescialy since i give them regular business.
    i go there every couple weeks, and i have spent several thousand dollars there!
    i understand being busy and all, but they are ridiculously understaffed!
    but what upsets me most is the fact that the other guy just completly ignored me!
    i was about to spend over $100 on there merchandise!
    which i do very often at this place, and i was treated as though i wasnt even there.
    it will be a LONG TIME, IF EVER AT ALL i go back to this store!

i just thought i would share this P**S POOR experience with everyone and get it off my chest.
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Unfortunately, things like this happen.

Sorry you had to waste your time and energy for nothing.

Look at the bright side, you still have your 100 dollars and there's other folks out there who would like to have it... :)

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your experience with them. It makes me mad when they don't want to help you until you get mad and start to walk out the door. Then they realize they just lost business.
      Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Not good.
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

Has this place cleaned up since last fall?
          Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

Hmmm...that's unfortunate. I've got to go down there in the next couple days to get food for the giraffe cats. FRII is the only place I know of here locally who sells the Aquadine sinking pellets in bulk. I'll report back my experience.
            Our Fishhouse
            Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

If you went in yesterday, you might have caught mike at a really really really !REALLY! bad time. I know business is business, but on the account of some of the personal stuff that happened yesterday, please cut him some slack.

That being said, the other guy's behavior was definitely inappropriate. The key to a successful retail business is acknowledging the customer's presence. Even if the sales rep is busy at the moment, he should at least tell the customer that he'll be with you shortly. I have to admit that they really need to get some "friendly" help if they want to make people feel welcome.
              Last edited by nacra99; 04-03-2009, 01:10 PM.
              www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I've been going there almost weekly and have noticed that since Mike repo'd the place, it has improved lots. There's still lots of room for improvement, but it'll take time.
                www.ventralfins.com

Comment

It has changed a great deal!

If you guys remember back when Don or Charles was working there they got some awesome odd fish in and Mike is starting to bring some of the oddities back!
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i believe strongly in second chances, espescially when besides yesterday all i have had is good experiences, and i am not really po'ed at mike, because he was working his arse off!
                    IT WAS THE OTHER DUDE WHO WHILE HIS BOSS IS THE ONLY OTHER PERSON THERE IS JUST SITTING ON HIS BUTT BS'ING WITH SOME FRIEND OF HIS.
                    mike is cool, he was seriously stretched thin and i could tell, which is why i waited as long as i did.
                    but that other guy needs some serious work, there was like 3 or 4 other people who came in after i did, who i could tell were getting impatient, and that dude just snuffed em like he did me, he would even look up right at you, kinda to see if mike was comin i guess?
                    and would lok back at the other guy and just keep chattin!
                    thats what made me mad, mike is cool, i dont have any problem with him.
                    and i agree, they have been getting in fish, eartheaters espescially, that are SWEET!
                    they even have a tank with around 30 L128 Blue Phantom Plecos, for $59.99 each, good sized around 4-5"tl. so mike is definatly improving the store.
                    but he could use some better help, other than that, there selection is of the chain.
                    so i will give them a second chance, but if this same thing happens again, thats all she wrote.
                    FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                      It has changed a great deal!

If you guys remember back when Don or Charles was working there they got some awesome odd fish in and Mike is starting to bring some of the oddities back!
                      specially if you ask for them. I haven't seen cuban cichlids in years but he went out of his way and got some in after i asked for them.

sorry to hear about your bad experience Brian. I've offered to help him at the store but he says he can't afford it right now. I guess the economy must really be messed up.
                      fishless

Comment

i hear yah, and like i said, im sure knowing mike, he didnt mean for yesterday to go down like that, and im sure once the economy starts to pick back up. he will hire more people, so its all good.
                        btw, those cubans are NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        i really want a pair, but dont have a tank:(
                        its been 3 years since i have seen cubans locally!
                        i almost fell over when i heard mike got some in.
                        but honestly, he always has BadA$$ SA/CA Cichlids, i figured if any store would get them it would be mike or possibly troung.
                        i tryed for 8 months to get alex at ultimate fish to get some, he said he could very easilly, but is afraid there no moarket for them espescially at his store, since most of the people come there for africans.
                        FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

same thing mike said. no market for them but i guess he figured he'd try anyways. i dont think he has sold any besides the six that i bought.
                          fishless

Comment

prbably not, they dont look real good right now, cause they havent begun to show there true colors/pattern, but at 2-2.5"tl, they should start to be total stunners!
                            after that point, i think he will sell many more.
                            but right now, they tank still has about 35 - 45 juvies.
                            FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Okay, I made my run to FRII and honestly, I have to say it was one of the best times I've had up there. Since it was really close to closing, there weren't any other customers up there and Mike and I just walked around the store talking fish while he was feeding. I went in for food and came out with...well, more than food. ) I got a pair ofScarlet badis and a trio of Peacock gudgeons. I couldn't help it. Having said all that, there was a very good reason for Mike to be distracted yesterday. It's not my story to tell, but if you'll trust me, I promise it was valid.
                              Our Fishhouse
                              Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Working...
                              X