My Dempsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dempsey

I know he looks like every other dempsey, but it's awesome to see him, being my first fish i had in September-Octoberish, to go from a little 1 inch fish to this colorful guy. My tank has scratches and my camera doesnt do his colors any justice but i love watching him get big and healthy and colorful. i know its a silly post and you can see better dempseys on google but this is MY dempsey so booya
    Last edited by akfa; 04-14-2009, 11:27 AM.

and a fine young dempsey he is:)
    get that bad boy a female:)
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Originally posted by EaRtHeAtEr View Post
      and a fine young dempsey he is:)
      get that bad boy a female:)
      id be interested in that, but im not quite sure how to tell a difference between the 2? is it possible to go to a place and just ask for a female?

Comment

ok, heres how you tell.
        males will have a more elongated body, with extensive spangles.
        the females, will have a splash of blue in the gill plates.
        i dont reccomend fish from petsmart usually, but i have gottne several really nice youngf female dempseys from them.
        i have breed dempseys for over 4 years, i have had 6 breeding pairs and several gold and blue dempseys aswell.
        if you want, when you get the chance, i could meet you somewhere, and we could run to the nearest petsmart, and get you a female.
        i can easilly tell the difference.
        pm me if you want to do that.
        FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EaRtHeAtEr View Post
          ok, heres how you tell.
          males will have a more elongated body, with extensive spangles.
          the females, will have a splash of blue in the gill plates.
          i dont reccomend fish from petsmart usually, but i have gottne several really nice youngf female dempseys from them.
          i have breed dempseys for over 4 years, i have had 6 breeding pairs and several gold and blue dempseys aswell.
          if you want, when you get the chance, i could meet you somewhere, and we could run to the nearest petsmart, and get you a female.
          i can easilly tell the difference.
          pm me if you want to do that.
          if i ever get a separate tank with JUST the dempseys in it, ill take you up on that offer. i dont want them to have babies and cause havoc in the tank with the other couple cichlids i got right now. it would be great to breed him, hes awesome and healthy and gorgeous but i dont wanna cause problems with all my other cichlids.

Comment

cool
            FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

i really want to breed my dempsey? i cant post a pic but my dempsey is about three inches but hes much longer then akfa i think mines a boy because hes long not round like akfa..... so u say girls are much more round? like akfas?
              210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
              125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
              10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Comment

Working...
              X