X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Betta Club show

The MBC show is in Anderson Indiana this comming weekend. April 2-4
    Judges will be Dan Young & Jeff Hiller
    I just shipped 31 entries - wish me luck.
    Anyone else entering bettas ?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

I wish I had some show bettas to send.
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Good luck, JR.
      So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Results have been posted
        312 fish entered
        I won best of Division D & reserve best of division D (Bi-colors) with
        1st & 2nd in Light Bi-color males,
        3rd in light bi-color females
        1st in dark bi-color males.
        I also won
        1st & 2nd in butterfly males
        1st in double-tail patterned females
        2nd & 3rd with my white males
        3rd with one of my Dragon males
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Sweet! Congrats!

Comment

Very cool! Congrats! Do you have pics of the kinds of Bettas you entered? Could you give us an idea of what they looked like? I imagine you don't have the ones you entered. Btw where do they go after the show?
            -Laura-

Comment

Congrats
              So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyDragon09 View Post
                Very cool! Congrats! Do you have pics of the kinds of Bettas you entered? Could you give us an idea of what they looked like? I imagine you don't have the ones you entered. Btw where do they go after the show?
                In previous years I sent my very best bettas to the shows and had them returned to me after the show. With a show every other weekend, my bettas spent more time in the air than in the water and the schedule cost me some of my best fish.

Now I ship #3 &#4 to the show and auction them off after the show to pay expenses. (I keep #1 & #2 home safe to make more bettas) I actually kept the 12 best from each spawn because there are 4 shows and the convention in DFW this june.

The light bodied bi-colors are orange cambodians - white body and orange fins.
                the dark bodied bi-colors are my new color (orange chocolates) a dark chocolate body with orange fins. I also entered some pineapples, yellow with black outlines on their body scales like a pineapple.
                My opaque winners, I'm sure you've seen, they are a snow white
                and for the butterfly class I sent an assortment. (butterfly patern is the fins half one color and half another) One blue body, blue & white fins, one red body, red & black fins, one chocolate body, orange & black fins.
                The winning Double-Tail paterened female was a Black marble butterfly with white tipped fins. Half sister to my orange chocolates and mother to my most recent spawn of double-tails.

Comment

FYI -
                  I am now the #11 ranked breeder in the US - but I plan on moving up on the 18th at the MOBB show. I wanna be in the top 10

http://www.pcez.com/~bettaguy/A1GCtop20.html

Comment

Originally posted by phishphreek View Post
                    fyi -
                    i am now the #11 ranked breeder in the us - but i plan on moving up on the 18th at the mobb show. I wanna be in the top 10

http://www.pcez.com/~bettaguy/a1gctop20.html

sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
                      In previous years I sent my very best bettas to the shows and had them returned to me after the show. With a show every other weekend, my bettas spent more time in the air than in the water and the schedule cost me some of my best fish.

Now I ship #3 &#4 to the show and auction them off after the show to pay expenses. (I keep #1 & #2 home safe to make more bettas) I actually kept the 12 best from each spawn because there are 4 shows and the convention in DFW this june.

The light bodied bi-colors are orange cambodians - white body and orange fins.
                      the dark bodied bi-colors are my new color (orange chocolates) a dark chocolate body with orange fins. I also entered some pineapples, yellow with black outlines on their body scales like a pineapple.
                      My opaque winners, I'm sure you've seen, they are a snow white
                      and for the butterfly class I sent an assortment. (butterfly patern is the fins half one color and half another) One blue body, blue & white fins, one red body, red & black fins, one chocolate body, orange & black fins.
                      The winning Double-Tail paterened female was a Black marble butterfly with white tipped fins. Half sister to my orange chocolates and mother to my most recent spawn of double-tails.
                      That's a pretty smart plan. At first I thought you got them shipped back to you, then I thought that maybe it would be too costly. Your bettas sound gorgeous! I'm intrigued by these chocolates. Could you post pictures of the siblings to your winning bettas? Please?

Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
                      FYI -
                      I am now the #11 ranked breeder in the US - but I plan on moving up on the 18th at the MOBB show. I wanna be in the top 10

http://www.pcez.com/~bettaguy/A1GCtop20.html
                      Awesome!
                      -Laura-

Comment

Newspaper report on the show

Best of Show Male

Best of Show Female

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyDragon09 View Post
                          Your bettas sound gorgeous! I'm intrigued by these chocolates. Could you post pictures of the siblings to your winning bettas? Please? Awesome!
                          This is one of the smaller males, but he is my favorite.
                          Sorry that the picture is too dark.

Comment

He's purtty.

Comment

Oh very pretty! Is the chocolate color hard to make?
                              -Laura-

Comment

Working...
                              X