join aquarium clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• join aquarium clubs

i moved from barbados to sugar land now to Houston,and i have always been a fish enthusiast,so i would let to get my feet deep into the fish .I was wonder how do i go about joining some fish clubs and which ones would be best for me to joing

The Houston Aquarium Society is one of the oldest aquarium clubs in the nation. We hold 3 auctions a year (one just occurred March 15th), field trips, picnics, get togethers, etc. and this would be a great way for you to meet some longtime aquarists. We are the sole remaining charter member of FOTAS, the Federation of Texas Aquarium Societies. Indeed, we are hosting this year's FOTAS convention here in the Houston area. We just lined up the hotel, etc. so be on the lookout for details for the convention or visit www.houstonaquariumsociety.org
    Charles Jones
    http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
    Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

There is also the Greater Houston Aquarium Club:
      PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

We got all kinds of clubs here. Really depends on what fish you like to keep.

I would start by looking here.

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

I am a founding member of the Houston Tropheus and Petrochromis Club. We mostly have fun, and we organize trips and tours. There's no fee's, all it takes is for you to PM me your contact info, and what Tropheus or Petrochromis you keep, or if your just looking to learn more about these fish.

Best of luck and welcome to the site...

Geoff
        380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
        300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
        180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
        150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

There is also...

TAKO
          HLA
          NASH
          CAK
          .........who else?
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

MARSHReef
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Man Geoff and Charles the post was to GHAC dont pilfer. I kid I kid there are plenty of good clubs it depends on what you keep or if you want general. GHAC and HAS are more general fish keeping then the others.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

The thread really belongs in one of the general threads. The question in the first post was not directed at GHAC solely.
                Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

It could go both ways actually... but why is there this animosity between clubs?
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

thread moved...
                    Last edited by Mzungu; 03-24-2009, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I don't think either side showed animosity....I just responded to the question posed.
                      Charles Jones

Comment

Oops.. hey its the Economy..
                        380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                        300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                        180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                        150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

It was just a joke I even said as much.
                          Resident fish bum
                          330G FOWLR
                          34G Reef
                          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

What section was the thread under...I don't remember?

No issues between the clubs that I'm aware of. All the clubs are good and many belong to more than one. Just a matter of what makes you happy. I suggest to anyone that they should check each one out.

BTW....I got the joke...LOL
                            Raul
                            PokerFace

Comment

First of all, WELCOME to the Houston Fishbox! This forum got some really cool people as well as weird one. I sometime fall into the weird crowd depending on who you ask. As far as club wise, well, I'm part of NASH (Nature Aquarium Society of Houston) and we are all about Nature Aquarium "planted tank". You are more than welcome to one of our meeting anytime if you ever decide to try a planted tank. You can check here regularly as we will post our meeting date here. For more information, you can also pm me for detail.

For all around aquarium keeping. I highly recommend GHAC (Greater Houston Aqurium Club). Very active here on the HFB.

GHAC and NASH share a lot of thing in common. We held regular monthly meeting/get together. And having FUN promoting our hobby!

Cheers!!!!
                              Last edited by tnguyen; 03-24-2009, 10:29 PM.
                              "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X