Suitable tank mates for Angel Fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable tank mates for Angel Fish?

I got my 90 hex going and I put 10 angels,8 panda cories,30 Rummynose tetras, and 30 Cardinal tetras in. The Angels loved the Cardinals, for a meal LOL. What can I put in to fill out this tank and add some color?

Thanks for suggestions
    Go to Heaven for the climate Hell for the company.

125g SA/CA
    125g Red Jewels, and mbuna
    90g Hex Angels, Tetras, and Cories
    55g Low Tech Planted. Guppies, Neon Tetras, Red Cherry Shrimp
    55g peacock pair
    45g Fry tank
    12g Hospital Tank
    75g Coming soon....Geos?

rainbows.
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

+1

Comment

ib the past I've had good luck with tiger barbs, gouramis and red tail/rainbow sharks
        ‎Haiku's are easy
        But sometimes they don't make sense
        Refrigerator

Comment

Angels

I don't know about Tiger barbs, would they nip the fins of the angels?

My angels live with rummynose and neon tetras, cory, blue ram, pleco, red tail shark.

I had to separate them from the silver dollars (too jittery), guppies and rasboras (the angels nip at them).

You might have problem with 10 angels later. I had 3 and one day, when I was on vacation, 1 just disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by rage View Post
            I don't know about Tiger barbs, would they nip the fins of the angels?

My angels live with rummynose and neon tetras, cory, blue ram, pleco, red tail shark.

I had to separate them from the silver dollars (too jittery), guppies and rasboras (the angels nip at them).

You might have problem with 10 angels later. I had 3 and one day, when I was on vacation, 1 just disappeared.

Tiger barbs get a worse rep than they really deserve in my opinion. any fish can get bitey. just keep their shoal to about 3 or 4 and you'll be okay. the albino's are less aggressive though.

I've also kept them with jewel cichlids, parrots and electric yellows in the past w/ no probs
            ‎Haiku's are easy
            But sometimes they don't make sense
            Refrigerator

Comment

Air what color are you looking for? Also are you doing a SA tank or just a fish tank because currently all of your inhabitants from there and rainbows are not to my knowledge they are all south and east asian (Australia also). I like glowlites or you can add green neon or green fires to add some green. Another thing you could add is some Apisto or Rams.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

maybe some ember tetras, or some larger colorful tetras like bleeding hearts, diamond, pristilla, or red phantom tetras.

and maybe a shoal of glass catfish, 4-6 of those would look really good in there.
                FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Not necessarily looking to do SA, Just want to add some color
                  Go to Heaven for the climate Hell for the company.

125g SA/CA
                  125g Red Jewels, and mbuna
                  90g Hex Angels, Tetras, and Cories
                  55g Low Tech Planted. Guppies, Neon Tetras, Red Cherry Shrimp
                  55g peacock pair
                  45g Fry tank
                  12g Hospital Tank
                  75g Coming soon....Geos?

Comment

I would go with the rainbows, ember tetras, and I like the glass catfish idea.
                    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Add more rummies, and consider some diamond tetras or black phantoms or red phantoms.
                      300+RR (8-10 ft x 30"x30") - Waiting to find it... Lake Tanganyikan
                      225RR (72"x24"Wx29"H) DSA - Lake Tanganyikan WC Murago
                      210RR (60"x24"Wx32"H) AGE - Lake Tanganyikan WC IN PROGRESS
                      160RR 1/2 cylinder (60"x30"Wx30"H) AGE - Altum Biotope IN PROGRESS
                      90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Rio Meta Biotope
                      90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Lake Valencia Biotope

Comment

i'm gonna say barbs. i really like the red and black barbs. ive had angels for a long time now and i have barbs with them and i've never had a problem out of either.
                        If it ain't wild caught
                        You ain't doing it right

Comment

Working...
                        X