Insects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insects

I got a pair of Jack Dempseys that have grown quite a bit, I feed them a variety of fish food but I was wondering about insects. Does anybody feed their central american cichlids insects? If so, what kind and where do u get them?

I don't have Central American's, but I do have African's. I feed mine fruit flys, earthworms, crickets, etc. I just get them out of my yard.
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

I sometime give mine crickets that I buy from petsmart. It's kind of a pain though. don't be surprised if a few of the "condemned" escape
      ‎Haiku's are easy
      But sometimes they don't make sense
      Refrigerator

Comment

When I had larger fish, I used to feed mealworms.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

SA?CA cichlids will benifit from the weekly feedings of mealworms, crickets, red wrigglers, and earthworms.
          mine get them every 5 days!
          it gives them a chance to comsume prey they would naturally feed apon in the wild.
          which imo is good for their vitality and moral.
          FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

and the protien helps growem fast and big:)
            FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EaRtHeAtEr View Post
              SA?CA cichlids will benifit from the weekly feedings of mealworms, crickets, red wrigglers, and earthworms.
              mine get them every 5 days!
              it gives them a chance to comsume prey they would naturally feed apon in the wild.
              which imo is good for their vitality and moral.
              make sure if you do feed them earthworms that you dont go buy earthworms used for bait they put chemicals in the soil to keep them alive longer.
              25g - Reef
              3.5g - Surge Tank
              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Very good point!
                i have a large flower bed in y back yard, i never use any ferts, or poisons near it, and always have tons of earthworms, i feed my fish worms regularly, why go pay for something when you can dig a bucket full up in a few minutes.
                FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Working...
                X