***New** HFB Benefit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***New** HFB Benefit!!!

After talking with my brother(FrontosaurusRex) we decided that his house wasnt going to be the best place for this Benefit to happen. So I started talking to Dan about it and we decided to have it at Houston Aquarium Warehouse in the back between all the buildings. We were thinking about having it on a Sunday that all the other businesses would be closed. We could set up a big tent and grill in the back. All proceeds would go straight to the HoustonFishBox. Dan said he would even choose a ton of fish to sell that day and give all the money to the Box as well!!! ALSO, we were thinking about selling tickets to enter a raffle for a nice 65 gallon tank, stand and tops setup. Once again, all proceeds benefiting HoustonFishBox. We are gonna try to have this benefit on Sunday, MARCH 29! This will be a lot of fun and will be a great chance to get quality fish at a bargain price. Not to mention, a great way of saying Thank You to Mrs. Traci for all that she does for this site. What do you guys/gals think?
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

IMO too soon... otherwise sounds awesome.
    25g - Reef
    3.5g - Surge Tank
    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

I will be there :)

Comment

it sounds a little soon, but i'm down. It's official like a referee with a whistle.
        If it ain't wild caught
        You ain't doing it right

Comment

Originally posted by FrontosaurusRex View Post
          it sounds a little soon, but i'm down. It's official like a referee with a whistle.
          MAN, what you got going on in two weeks...

Comment

Sounds good to me..I will try to make it!

Comment

I'll be there!

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

I'll see if I can make it. Sounds like fun!
                Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

I just want to throw this out there....even if you can't make a donation...I think this will be a great way to meet some fellow 'Boxer's and put a (screen)name to a face. I'm excited! I know I've met A LOT of 'boxer's but there are so many more that I would love to meet.
                  Our Fishhouse
                  Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

As long as we survive the Tropheus Tank Tour the day before, and the aftermath following...I'll be there!!
                    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Gah! I'm working that evening. I want to come and finally meet people and HAW is so much closer than Baytown for me. The parents probably won't mind me going. I just have to get my boss to take me off the schedule for Sunday. She loves me so it shouldn't be to big of a problem. So it's Sunday March 29 at what time? Also how much would the food and the raffle tickets cost? So I know how much cash I would need to bring.
                      Last edited by FuzzyDragon09; 03-16-2009, 11:56 AM. Reason: Cost of food and tickets?
                      -Laura-

Comment

I will more than likely be there for this.
                        Resident fish bum
                        330G FOWLR
                        34G Reef
                        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

still working on coming up with prices. I say we make it from noonish till the store closes.

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
                            MAN, what you got going on in two weeks...
                            I'll be working but maybe after work depending when everything is happening.

Two weeks is not alot of time for people to arrange their schedule that's prolly already set. You would have the opportunity for more people to attend, which is the goal, and not to mention advertising on the box and putting out flyers at Dan's...etc...if you planned it a little later.
                            Raul
                            PokerFace

Comment

I'll be there.
                              Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                              Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                              Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                              Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Working...
                              X