Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparkling Gourami

Anyone have experience with these guys?

Yeah... I had 6 of them for quite a while. Cool little fish - though not incredibly colorful. Keeping in mind that they are known to make croaking sounds while mating. Although it was cool at first, I had to move them away from the tank that was next to my bed for this reason! :)
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Comment

A member of NASH has bred them successfully.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working on stocking my 75g - I may pick a couple of them up. I dunno...

decisions decisions.....

Comment

i THINK Tim is thinkin of Croaking guaramis,(i may be mistaken) which arent as colorful, i think these are the ones even smaller. Mine never croaked, but they were very colorful in my book, maybe not malawi cichlid colorful but very iridescent in the right light. they are kinda hard to find in my experience though. maybe you can get the hook up with the guy in NASH who bred them, if they are still breeding them i would like some more.
            Never fear I is here
            David Abeles
            Vice President
            Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I think I remember someone telling me these croak too.

The member name is Paul Higashikawa
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I know he had them by the hundreds last summer I will see him tonight and ask for you guys.
                Keep in mind this was an outdoor pond we are talking about so after the winter and his many aquatic turtles I sure hope there is some left.
                Cheers,
                Luis

Comment

Working...
                X