question about blood parrots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about blood parrots

I have a blackish colored parrot with stripes (prob has some convict blood in him) will he change color or will he stay this way. they guy at petsmart said he would turn red but I really don't believe him. I kinda hope he stays the way he is. it looks kinda cool.

No telling...it's a hybrid of more than one species. The guy at Petsmart is clueless.
    Charles Jones
    http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
    Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

He might be a fader, a lot of them start out black and slowly "peel or fade" to orange or red.

Comment

My very first fish were blood parrots. They were probably the size of a silver dollar (the coin, not the fish) when I got them and they both had some of the black markings. After a while, the black went away on both. We have 3 of them now and none of them have any black on them at all. 2 are the size of a cantaloupe and 1 is softball sized now and they are all bright orange.
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

or it could get worse.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i think it will fade. most of them do. i havent seen a parrot over 5" that wasnt red-orange.
            fishless

Comment

i think your blood parrot will fade... they usually do... same with red devils

Comment

I previously had one that started off green with stripes (not dyed, it was from Petsmart) then it changed to the more familiar orange color.
                PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Working...
                X