They are as dumb as they look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are as dumb as they look

So I did a change in my 29G planted I moved it from one side of the room to another. In the process I broke my intake lily pipe so I used the intake that comes with the Eheim but I am missing the screen for it. But I thought about it and said well I should get a new one soon and surely the fish are not stupid enough to get sucked up. Boy was I wrong for the last couple of days I have been looking for my Cardinal tetras and Black neons that inhabit the tank. They have been slowly disappearing with no trace. So I tore down the tank moved everything around even plants to try and find the boogers. No luck. So this morning I get a feeling "Hey go look in the pump" So I look at the side and sure enough I see a dead tetra. So I take the whole thing apart in the tub and see things swimming around. I close the drain and pour out the contents and found about 4 Cardinals and 1 Black neon still alive and about 20 Cherry shrimp that I didnt even notice since I have so many in the tank and they keep breading. I can not believe that they were able to live in that nasty water for so long with about 4 tetra bodies and one loach.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Now were you referring to the fish or the one who put the filter intake into the tank with no strainer?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Comment

Now, Now that is too funny. The same thing happened to a couple of my fish. The stainer was there, just a little broken. I had no idea where they were till I cleaned the filter.

FF

Comment

just goes to show how effective the strainer really is huh?

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

A little of both I guess
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

........i would venture to say a big yes to that one......

Comment

Nothing that some pantyhose and a rubberband can't fix.
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

or one of those media silk socks that you can buy fairly cheap.

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
                  X