PDA

View Full Version : Can't logout?

szidlon
02-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Something is weird about the home page. It's stretched and the links with the drop downs is now two lines. When I try to use the Portal Home drop down link to logout, it won't let me. It jumps to the drop down for the Calendar, which is directly below Portal Home. Have I checked into the Hotel California and just don't remember doing so?

Stupid computer:pocc:

sunrise
02-28-2009, 10:33 AM
I can't logout either! There is no logout on any of the pages that I can see.
sunrise

sunrise
02-28-2009, 10:41 AM
szidlon,

I logged out successfully by using the portal home drop down box and choosing logout. sunrise

szidlon
02-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks, but even without my favorites bar on the left side I still have a double line of drops downs. With the favorites bar showing Calendar is directly under Portal Home and if I try to go to logout in the Portal, it opens the drop down for the Calendar.
Even with the favorites bar on the left removed I then have FAQ under Portal Home.

I know it logs you out after an hour of inactivity anyway, just noticed the pages looked different this morning and my favorite New Posts has been replaced by Todays Posts with a drop down.

imagirlgeek
02-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Yep. A while back Jesper commented on the menus being whacky and a lot of the links being duplicated. It's been on my list of things to do. Apparently, I've still got some work to do. :eusa_shifty: I will work on that today.

Sorry guys....:eusa_doh:

imagirlgeek
02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Also...this change wasn't just for fun...it's actually a plan to be able to accommodate the new features that we add. The old menus didn't really leave me much room and going to a drop-down seemed the logical thing to do. But I'll fix the quirky issues with it. Again....I'm really sorry for the issues. :icon_e_geek:

Zulaab
02-28-2009, 01:46 PM
no Thank you Traci for taking all this extra time to work on this board :) I am VERY impressed with what you have done so far :) :) :) :)

szidlon
02-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Also...this change wasn't just for fun...it's actually a plan to be able to accommodate the new features that we add. The old menus didn't really leave me much room and going to a drop-down seemed the logical thing to do. But I'll fix the quirky issues with it. Again....I'm really sorry for the issues. :icon_e_geek:

:lol: I just thought it was my stupid computer again. All the changes are great and I'm sure we all understand it's a masterpiece in progress. Thanks, you're the best :notworthy:.

imagirlgeek
02-28-2009, 02:07 PM
:lol: I just thought it was my stupid computer again. All the changes are great and I'm sure we all understand it's a masterpiece in progress. Thanks, you're the best :notworthy:.

:eusa_shifty: I just feel bad when I implement a change and stuff goes wrong. This one was 100% my bad. #1 rule of testing software is to test UI changes on multiple browsers and different screen resolutions. I didn't lower the resolution to see how it would react. :aua:

Is it looking any better for you? I may move the Private Messages menu down under UserCP to bring it in some more if it's still doubling up. Or maybe move the calendar link? We have the calendar all over the place...

szidlon
02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
It looks fine to me, no double rows, now if you could just fix all my other problems not related to the HFB...

At least I was able to bring my sick kitty home for the weekend, so all's good in my world right now :D

imagirlgeek
02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
OMG! What happened to your kitty?? Did I miss that post?

szidlon
02-28-2009, 02:19 PM
No, I didn't post anything about her problem, I wasn't really ready to talk about it, but she's better now. She had/has acute kidney failure and a massive baterial infection in her kidneys. She's been at the vet going through iv fluid treatments to flush her kidneys out since Wednesday. They pumped her full of fluids and antibiotics and I don't know what all else, I can't pronounce most of it. She's better and they took the iv catheter out hoping they won't have to put it back in Monday and give her further treatment.

We'll see how she does over the weekend, but she's almost her normal self again. She's a perfectly good cat and I wasn't ready to throw her away yet :D.

imagirlgeek
02-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Dang...I'm so sorry to hear that. I sure can relate to that scenario. When Xander was sick, I was a wreck. I'm glad to hear she's doing better and is home though. They always seem to do better at home. :cool: Keep us updated. The only thing that kept me sane during Xander's use of life #2 out of 9 was talking to you guys about it. ;)

So...are you having to give her any pills? ;)) Giving a cat a pill is in my Top 5 favorite things to do! Right before having a root canal, and right after a lower GI. :roll:

szidlon
02-28-2009, 02:38 PM
So...are you having to give her any pills? ;)) Giving a cat a pill is in my Top 5 favorite things to do! Right before having a root canal, and right after a lower GI. :roll:

Yep, two of them twice a day, but they did the morning ones for today already. One is an antibiotic she'll be on for 30 days. Yep, dragging out the kevlar body suit and straight jacket, the kevlar for me, the straight jacket for her :lol:.

sunrise
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
(http://houstonfishbox.com/vforums/member.php?u=1)imagirlgeek,

This is what I get after logging out; (mozilla firefox 2.0.0.17, xp pro) I did not receive this message this morning. sunrise

Not Found

The requested URL /modules/Jig/login.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.6 Server at houstonfishbox.com Port 80

imagirlgeek
02-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Fixed!

sunrise
02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the quick response imagirlgeek! sunrise

wesleydnunder
03-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm unable to log out now. When I go to the home page there is a FAQ dropdown beneath the Home dropdown. I tried exiting the site for three hours and when I came back I was still logged in.

Mark

imagirlgeek
03-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Should I just remove FAQ from that menu? If you have your screen resolution set low, it's going to drop down to the 2nd line. Anything below 1024 x 768 and it's going to happen.

szidlon
03-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Either the FAQ's or the calendar, I have a single line now, I'm at 1024x768 and still have my favorites open on the left side. Just a serving suggestion :)

Edit: Or can you abbreviate Private Messages to PM's? Don't forget you need room for the Donate button. ;)

imagirlgeek
03-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Either the FAQ's or the calendar, I have a single line now, I'm at 1024x768 and still have my favorites open on the left side. Just a serving suggestion :)

Edit: Or can you abbreviate Private Messages to PM's? Don't forget you need room for the Donate button. ;)

I think 1024x768 is about the average screen resolution these days, so I'm glad to hear that works. :D

I think I'll probably put the Donate link under Quick Links...still working out the best place for that. :eusa_think: I don't think the menu bar has any real estate left for more buttons. :eusa_shifty:

wesleydnunder
03-02-2009, 07:29 AM
The time-out is definitely not working. I'm still logged in after 10 hours or so. Also, clicking on the portal home dropdown, where I'm guessing the logout is, only refreshes the home page for me...no drop down.

Mark

imagirlgeek
03-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I looked into the Session Timeout to see if there were any bugs reported to vBulletin about it not working and I didn't find anything. I did find though that if you have ever checked the 'Remember Me' box and your browser doesn't block cookies, you won't get automatically logged out.

As for the Portal Home dropdown...when you hover over Portal Home, do you not see the drop-down menu at all? What browser and version are you using?

wesleydnunder
03-03-2009, 07:37 AM
I looked into the Session Timeout to see if there were any bugs reported to vBulletin about it not working and I didn't find anything. I did find though that if you have ever checked the 'Remember Me' box and your browser doesn't block cookies, you won't get automatically logged out.

As for the Portal Home dropdown...when you hover over Portal Home, do you not see the drop-down menu at all? What browser and version are you using?

Sorry it took so long to get back on this, Traci. I'm still logged in and yes, I did click the box for remember me. When I hover over any of the drop downs on the blue tool bar there is no effect, home portal included. My browser is IE 6, I think. It looks like there is room on the right side of the bar to put the logout there?

Mark

szidlon
03-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm by no means a geek, but have you tried it in another browser, say FireFox? Just to see if it's the browser?

imagirlgeek
03-03-2009, 09:46 AM
I kind of expected you might be using IE6...that browser is going to be the death of me! :icon_hang: I'm going to bring up a virtual machine in my lab and do some testing on IE6. My preliminary assumption is that there are some jscript settings not activated on your machine, but I can't be sure until I play with it here.

When I first put in that menu, I tried adding the logout to the far right of the menu bar but it wasn't working right, so I just put it under the Portal Home menu, but I'll take another look and figure out something.

Don't worry Mark, I'll get it working for ya! ;)

imagirlgeek
03-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I added Logout to the menu bar at the far right. Now I'm trying to figure out exactly why you don't see the drop downs.

wesleydnunder
03-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I added Logout to the menu bar at the far right. Now I'm trying to figure out exactly why you don't see the drop downs.

Thank you, Traci. You're the awesomest. Don't know why the dropdowns aren't workin' for me.

Mark

imagirlgeek
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Thank you, Traci. You're the awesomest. Don't know why the dropdowns aren't workin' for me.

Mark

You're welcome. :D I'm pretty sure I've also figured out why the drop-downs aren't working for you...it's definitely related to IE6. Now just gotta fix it without breaking it for someone else. :eusa_think:

szidlon
03-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Now that Logout is added to the menu bar, my menu bar is two lines again. If I want to use any of the drop downs on Portal Home I have the close my favorites bar on the left side of my screen so the menu bar is only one lie. No biggie, just an FYI :).