PDA

View Full Version : next meeting Sept 13th



LuckyJ
02-25-2009, 11:00 PM
JR what about March 8. Thats the first Date I can make.
I have email Anthony to see if it is OK with Him.
I need to know as soon as you can let me know.
So I can let Paula know so she can arrange to be off.
Do you still have a place in Houston to meet?
Could be 7 0r 8 total not counting any new people that may want to come. Jay

PhishPhreek
02-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Have not located a place to meet but will work on it.
Fall back position is my place.
It not big and fancy but it has a lot of bettas.
Other than elections & budget, do we have a program ?

PhishPhreek
03-02-2009, 09:08 PM
BettaHabari Annual meeting –Sunday March 8th starting at Noon til we run out of fun.
Ci-Fair Park / Bane Park – North West corner of N. Gessner Rd. & W. Little York Rd. – Mapquest
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Houston&state=TX&address=9600+W.+Little+York+Road&zipcode=77040 (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Houston&state=TX&address=9600+W.+Little+York+Road&zipcode=77040)

Bane Park www.hcp4.net/Parks/bane/index.htm (http://www.hcp4.net/Parks/bane/index.htm) 9600 W. Little York Road Houston, Texas 77040 Barbecue pavilion & Gazebo are available on a first-come, first-served basis and no reservations are required. So I will be there early to grab a barbecue pit and covered picnic tables for the get together. I will bring the charcoal, starter, and cooking utensils. Bring some eats & drinks to share. Look for my Red Carivan with the BettaHabari sticker on the rear window.

Everyone is invited, New members, Old members, potential members, anyone who likes to talk bettas. Come enjoy a day at the park. Bring the whole family, feed ducks, have a picnic, and let kids enjoy the fresh air. We need to elect 2009 officers, approve the new budget. Talk about Bettas and the upcoming MBC show on April 4th, & MOBB show on April 18th.

Bane Park is a 20-acre facility with barbecue grills, picnic pavilions, picnic tables, two lighted ball fields, a five-acre fishing lake, gazebo, horseshoe pits, paved walking trail, playground, rock climbing wall, sand volleyball court, splash pad, and rest room facilities.

PhishPhreek
03-03-2009, 01:51 AM
RSVP - let me know what eats & drinks you will be sharing
I will bring the fire and food burning tools. :lol:

fishboyt
03-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes! I will try to make it.

szidlon
03-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey, this is pretty close to my house :D. For me close is now within 15 miles or a half hour or less of driving :lol: I'll try to make it by if I don't have an HAS something or another to attend.

morphlizard
03-03-2009, 11:38 AM
RSVP for 2.

Holy Cow! NW representing! I guess that I would fall into the "old members" category. Is there a membership form online or do I just bring cash? Still $10 single/$15 family right?

Let me know who has ponds as I will bring some Lilies. I can also bring some Banana Lilies (see my Banana Lily thread) if you want to try them in a tank, probably good for breeding bettas if you like to use real plants!

We will bring chicken fajitas to grill and a 2L bottle of diet Sierra Mist and another of Coke.

fishboyt
03-03-2009, 12:27 PM
RSVP for 2.

Holy Cow! NW representing! I guess that I would fall into the "old members" category. Is there a membership form online or do I just bring cash? Still $10 single/$15 family right?

Let me know who has ponds as I will bring some Lilies. I can also bring some Banana Lilies (see my Banana Lily thread) if you want to try them in a tank, probably good for breeding bettas if you like to use real plants!

We will bring chicken fajitas to grill and a 2L bottle of diet Sierra Mist and another of Coke.


I'll take some water lilies and some banana lilies if I can make it.

morphlizard
03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
I'll take some water lilies and some banana lilies if I can make it.

:lol: bringing the Lilies to this meeting was all your idea in the first place!

I hope that everyone can make it.

fishboyt
03-03-2009, 01:04 PM
:lol: bringing the Lilies to this meeting was all your idea in the first place!

I hope that everyone can make it.



Yeah, I know. :D

PhishPhreek
03-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Anyone checked the long range weather forcast for Sunday ?

morphlizard
03-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Anyone checked the long range weather forcast for Sunday ?

Isolated T-Storms
High: 78°F
Low: 65°F
Precip: 30%

fishboyt
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
It was looking good for a couple of days.

PhishPhreek
03-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Guess I better grab one of the covered pavilions just in case. :D

Whats the deal on that crawfish boil ?

fishboyt
03-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Guess I better grab one of the covered pavilions just in case. :D

Whats the deal on that crawfish boil ?



What crawfish boil?

fishboyt
03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Update: 30% Isolated thunder storms.
High:82
low:63

morphlizard
03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
getting warmer, just need the precip chance to go down!

fishboyt
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
getting warmer, just need the precip chance to go down!



Yup! Two more days!

PhishPhreek
03-05-2009, 08:52 PM
At 1pm we will have a mini-auction.
Bring your betta fry, cultures, DIY creations and we will sell them.
20% to the club / 80% to the seller.
I will be bringing bananna worms and dragons

seertexasbettas
03-06-2009, 02:57 AM
JR , Anthony wants to know if you could use some pecan, or oak wood for your fire, he has pleanty, Also if you could give a list of what everyone is bring. So I know what to get. I'll be picking Anthony up sunday morning. I need you to e-mail me your cel number please so I know where you are that morning. That Park isnt a small place. !!!!!!!!

PhishPhreek
03-06-2009, 06:44 AM
By all means, bring a pile of pecan / oak. If we don't use it, I'll takle it home for personal use :D

My cell is 409-392-6616

Haven't got much feed back on who's bringing what but we could use some disposable plates, cups & utensils.
I will bring some dogs & wine coolers.

fishboyt
03-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I can bring plates and utensils.

swampbettas
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I can bring daphnia if anybody needs some

fishboyt
03-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I can bring daphnia if anybody needs some


I could use some.

morphlizard
03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
I can bring daphnia if anybody needs some

As a hot dog condiment? I never got mine large enough to grill.

PhishPhreek
03-06-2009, 03:52 PM
I can bring daphnia if anybody needs some

Would definately like another try at raising daphnia.
What type do you have ?

PhishPhreek
03-06-2009, 03:53 PM
As a hot dog condiment? I never got mine large enough to grill.

No, as a flavor additive. you mix them in the mustard and you get
GRAY POOP-ON

fishboyt
03-06-2009, 04:18 PM
No, as a flavor additive. you mix them in the mustard and you get
GRAY POOP-ON



:eusa_sick:

fishboyt
03-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Cloudy
High:83
Low:63
Precip:10%

morphlizard
03-06-2009, 09:16 PM
cool, getting better! We are bringing chicken fajitas to grill and some soda pop as previously posted.

seertexasbettas
03-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Glad to see Anthony is here with us. !!!!!!! Jay Did I give you the Betta Habari pins or do you have them again JR. ?

seertexasbettas
03-06-2009, 10:48 PM
If I can get in touch with Walley > I am still waiting on the blank plates that he was to mail, for the convention awards.

PhishPhreek
03-06-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't have the pins.
Don't forget the window decals eather. :roll:
Are you looking for any HM breeders ?

seertexasbettas
03-07-2009, 02:35 PM
I dont have any window decals. Will bring all paper work , and materials that is involved with the club. Will be leaving at 10:00am from Dayton .

PhishPhreek
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Anthony, I have you down for
1 pr of Reds
1 pr of Red Dragons
1 pr of Yellows


Any other new members want to claim their 6 bettas ?

fishboyt
03-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I'll become a member.

morphlizard
03-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Oh man, I got smacked up on the side of the head by daylight savings time!

What is the head count for today's event? Is someone bringing cups for drinks?

fishboyt
03-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh man, I got smacked up on the side of the head by daylight savings time!

What is the head count for today's event? Is someone bringing cups for drinks?



:rofl: I'll be bringing plates, utensils, chips and salsa.

fishboyt
03-08-2009, 05:21 PM
I am now a member of BettaHabari, and a new owner of 18 bettas!

szidlon
03-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I am now a member of BettaHabari, and a new owner of 18 bettas!

Good for you :icon_super:, you couldn't have found a better group of people to help you get started. Sadly, I got all tied up in spring lawn duty and couldn't get away.

PhishPhreek
03-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I am now a member of BettaHabari, and a new owner of 18 bettas!

I hope you are not coveting your sisters Bettas ... :D

fishboyt
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I hope you are not coveting your sisters Bettas ... :D



Hehehe. No. :rofl:

fishboyt
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Good for you :icon_super:, you couldn't have found a better group of people to help you get started. Sadly, I got all tied up in spring lawn duty and couldn't get away.


Sorry. It was great to meet everyone there. I hope to be at the next one.

PhishPhreek
03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
BettaHabari March 6th 2009 Meeting

Attendance
J.R. Baker
Anthony Candelari
Richard Flores
Jay & Penny Jaetzold
Tristen Kline & Family
Paula Phipps
Richard & Cassandra Smart
Jason & Rosleen Westover

The Weather was Great & The Park was lovely.
The fire was lit & an expert team cooked the Food.
All consumed fantastic Food & Drink.

2009 Officers were elected unanimously
President – J.R. Baker
Vpresident – Anthony Candelari
Treasurer - Jay Jaetzold
Secretary - Paula Phipps

Jay Jaetzold presented the 2008 Treasurers report and proposed 2009 budged.
The 2009 BettaHabari Budget was approved.
The proposal to host a Fall 2009 international betta show passed.
J.R. Baker will research location.
Cassandra Smart was appointed Awards chairperson.
J.R. Baker will coordinate IBC convention workload with TBS
The proposal to change to Bi-monthly meetings passed.
The next meeting will be MAY 17TH at the home of Jay & Penny Jaetzold.
The proposal to provide BettaHabari Shirts for the IBC convention passed.
J.R. volunteered to research design & cost.
The proposal to order new BettaHabari Cards passed.
J.R. to order cards.
A mini-auction was held.
Jay Jaetzold received the proceeds.

morphlizard
03-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Nice to see everyone again and to meet so many new people! I already have my new bettas on display: :)

http://www.houstonfishbox.com/photopost/data/530/medium/HPIM4663_sm.jpg

http://www.houstonfishbox.com/photopost/data/530/medium/HPIM4674_sm.jpg

http://www.houstonfishbox.com/photopost/data/530/medium/HPIM4676_sm.jpg

fishboyt
03-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Nice to see everyone again and to meet so many new people! I already have my new bettas on display: :)

http://www.houstonfishbox.com/photopost/data/530/medium/HPIM4663_sm.jpg

http://www.houstonfishbox.com/photopost/data/530/medium/HPIM4674_sm.jpg

http://www.houstonfishbox.com/photopost/data/530/medium/HPIM4676_sm.jpg




Cool! Sorry I out-bid you on the marble. :p :rofl:

Thanks for the lillies!

morphlizard
03-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Cool! Sorry I out-bid you on the marble. :p :rofl:

You'll rue the day fish boy!!!!

PhishPhreek
05-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Meeting will be at Jay & Penny's Home, noon on the 17th.

PhishPhreek
05-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Richard & I are going to meet up at Kohls parking lot (Fairmont & Beltway 8 ) 11am and carpool to Jay's house. Any non smoker that would like to ride in my carivan are Welcome. Just send me a PM so I know not to leave without you. :twisted:

I'll be bringing a few Bettas & other goodies to swap

fishboyt
05-13-2009, 08:03 AM
4 more days...

PhishPhreek
05-16-2009, 05:43 PM
May meeting is tomorrow. Anyone who doesn't know how to get to Jay & Penny's home should call 409-748-0075.
Main course will be Jay's famous Chili. Bring something to go with it.
We will discuss the up comming IBC national convention and our support roll. We will have Bettas & other goodies for trade, don't miss this one.

fishboyt
05-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks for hosting the meeting Mrs. Penny and Mr. Jay! Thanks for the tasty cake too! It was nice seeing you Mr. Bob! Hopefully I can make it to the next one!

PhishPhreek
05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks to Jay & Penny Jaetzold for hosting the meeting and feeding us all.
Jay conducted a tour of his fish room while waiting for late arrivals.
Attending were also
J.R. Baker
Paula Phipps
Richard Flores
Treston Kline & Family

Old Business.
It was agreed that BettaHabari shirts should be
Tee Shirts
Dark in color
With approximately 10x10 iorn on transfers of the BH logo
Treston was appointed Tee Shirt chairman and will research iron on transfers.
The need for shirts by the Convention in dallas was recended as only a few members will be be attending the convention other than the auction.
All members were invited to bring a sleeping bag and camp out in J.R. room Saturday night.

New Business
Convention room reservations need to be in by May 24th.
The next meeting is scheduled for July 12,
backup date is July 14. J.R. to host.

Jay presented a show & tell on dry betta foods including medicated food.
J.R. distributed breeder bettas, snails & java moss to members.
Meeting Adjurned

Everyone sang Happy Birthday to Treston and enjoyed the b-day cake.

fishboyt
05-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks to Jay & Penny Jaetzold for hosting the meeting and feeding us all.
Jay conducted a tour of his fish room while waiting for late arrivals.
Attending were also
J.R. Baker
Paula Phipps
Richard Flores
Treston Kline & Family

Old Business.
It was agreed that BettaHabari shirts should be
Tee Shirts
Dark in color
With approximately 10x10 iorn on transfers of the BH logo
Treston was appointed Tee Shirt chairman and will research iron on transfers.
The need for shirts by the Convention in dallas was recended as only a few members will be be attending the convention other than the auction.
All members were invited to bring a sleeping bag and camp out in J.R. room Saturday night.

New Business
Convention room reservations need to be in by May 24th.
The next meeting is scheduled for July 12,
backup date is July 14. J.R. to host.

Jay presented a show & tell on dry betta foods including medicated food.
J.R. distributed breeder bettas, snails & java moss to members.
Meeting Adjurned

Everyone sang Happy Birthday to Treston and enjoyed the b-day cake.


Can you give me the logo that will be printed on the shirts? I had a great time spending my birthday with everyone! :D

PhishPhreek
07-12-2009, 11:59 AM
If you're not on the road your late.

PhishPhreek
07-12-2009, 05:04 PM
The July 12th meeting was held at J.R.’s home
Attending were
J.R.
Paula
Anthony
Richard F.
And all were put to work doing water changes.

Fall 09 betta show was discussed
No location confirmed
No date confirmed
No manpower confirmed

We have been invited by HAS to man a table Sept 11th – 12th at the FOTAS convention
to do a show & tell about Bettas. A man\power schedule needs to be established.

Cheese, crackers & blueberry wine coolers were enjoyed by all.

Our next meeting with be a breakfast meeting 9am Sunday Sept. 13th at the nearest I-Hop before proceeding to the FOTAS auction.