next meeting Sept 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next meeting Sept 13th

JR what about March 8. Thats the first Date I can make.
    I have email Anthony to see if it is OK with Him.
    I need to know as soon as you can let me know.
    So I can let Paula know so she can arrange to be off.
    Do you still have a place in Houston to meet?
    Could be 7 0r 8 total not counting any new people that may want to come. Jay
    Last edited by PhishPhreek; 07-12-2009, 05:07 PM.

Have not located a place to meet but will work on it.
    Fall back position is my place.
    It not big and fancy but it has a lot of bettas.
    Other than elections & budget, do we have a program ?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

BettaHabari Annual meeting

BettaHabari Annual meetingSunday March 8th starting at Noon til we run out of fun.
      Ci-Fair Park / Bane Park – North West corner of N. Gessner Rd. & W. Little York Rd. – Mapquest
      http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Houston&state=TX&address=9600+W.+Little+ York+Road&zipcode=77040

Bane Park www.hcp4.net/Parks/bane/index.htm 9600 W. Little York Road Houston, Texas 77040 Barbecue pavilion & Gazebo are available on a first-come, first-served basis and no reservations are required. So I will be there early to grab a barbecue pit and covered picnic tables for the get together. I will bring the charcoal, starter, and cooking utensils. Bring some eats & drinks to share. Look for my Red Carivan with the BettaHabari sticker on the rear window.

Everyone is invited, New members, Old members, potential members, anyone who likes to talk bettas. Come enjoy a day at the park. Bring the whole family, feed ducks, have a picnic, and let kids enjoy the fresh air. We need to elect 2009 officers, approve the new budget. Talk about Bettas and the upcoming MBC show on April 4th, & MOBB show on April 18th.

Bane Park is a 20-acre facility with barbecue grills, picnic pavilions, picnic tables, two lighted ball fields, a five-acre fishing lake, gazebo, horseshoe pits, paved walking trail, playground, rock climbing wall, sand volleyball court, splash pad, and rest room facilities.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

RSVP - let me know what eats & drinks you will be sharing
        I will bring the fire and food burning tools.

Comment

Yes! I will try to make it.
          Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Hey, this is pretty close to my house . For me close is now within 15 miles or a half hour or less of driving I'll try to make it by if I don't have an HAS something or another to attend.
            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

RSVP for 2.

Holy Cow! NW representing! I guess that I would fall into the "old members" category. Is there a membership form online or do I just bring cash? Still $10 single/$15 family right?

Let me know who has ponds as I will bring some Lilies. I can also bring some Banana Lilies (see my Banana Lily thread) if you want to try them in a tank, probably good for breeding bettas if you like to use real plants!

We will bring chicken fajitas to grill and a 2L bottle of diet Sierra Mist and another of Coke.
              Last edited by morphlizard; 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM. Reason: added RSVP count

Comment

Originally posted by morphlizard View Post
                RSVP for 2.

Holy Cow! NW representing! I guess that I would fall into the "old members" category. Is there a membership form online or do I just bring cash? Still $10 single/$15 family right?

Let me know who has ponds as I will bring some Lilies. I can also bring some Banana Lilies (see my Banana Lily thread) if you want to try them in a tank, probably good for breeding bettas if you like to use real plants!

We will bring chicken fajitas to grill and a 2L bottle of diet Sierra Mist and another of Coke.

I'll take some water lilies and some banana lilies if I can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishboyt View Post
                  I'll take some water lilies and some banana lilies if I can make it.
                  bringing the Lilies to this meeting was all your idea in the first place!

I hope that everyone can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by morphlizard View Post
                    bringing the Lilies to this meeting was all your idea in the first place!

I hope that everyone can make it.

Yeah, I know.

Comment

Anyone checked the long range weather forcast for Sunday ?

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
                        Anyone checked the long range weather forcast for Sunday ?
                        Isolated T-Storms
                        High: 78°F
                        Low: 65°F
                        Precip: 30%

Comment

It was looking good for a couple of days.

Comment

Guess I better grab one of the covered pavilions just in case.

Whats the deal on that crawfish boil ?

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
                              Guess I better grab one of the covered pavilions just in case.

Whats the deal on that crawfish boil ?

What crawfish boil?

Comment

Working...
                              X