bio wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bio wheels

I know most serious fish people do not respect emp 400 filters. but with 4 modifications I think they work better than any filter on the market. when you consider price, effiecency, maintenence, and cost of filter pads. now I think I've solved anther problem. bio wheels that won't turn. I took my drill driver and put a very small sanding drum on it. held the bio wheel very gently and sanded the outside plastic endcap. Round and round. took my time and went over it a bunch of times. they spin now like they were new. when these wheels get a couple of years old the end caps kind of warp ,distort and do not want to turn. Works for me.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

I'm finding more respect for them everytime you prove their value lol... good tip, thanks!
    Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

I've always been a big fan of the bio wheel, and with your mods and improvements, they are even better... :)

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

<grabbing the 400 and the Dremel with sanding wheel right now>

Thanks John!!
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

PICS PICS, FYI: I went home and made both DIY that I got from you. They are drying now.

Phung

Comment

I have not had any problems with the 400s (or 280) sticking ; the 300s were a nuisance.
            I don't know why anyone with water treatment experience would not appreciate the 400s; They are by far the best value in water treatment.
            I am remembering years ago when a Dr of poop showed me his bio-wheel ; it was about 20' long and 5' in diameter. He said it was the most effective method to treat water in terms of floor space /footprint.

Comment

well, mine are not turning so I took the cover off and I found the problem.
              No water comming out of the spray bar.....
              guess it't time to clean them.
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Yea eliminating those spray bars was a happy day in my life. diverting that water behind to get trully filtered was nice too.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

im have to try that.

Comment

Working...
                  X