Ghost shrimp eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost shrimp eggs

Anyone know how long ghost shrimp carry thier eggs under thier belly. A couple weeks ago one of my ghost shrimp had the green saddle on her back, then the eggs dropped and she was holding them to her abdomen. Now I have 5 with eggs under their bellies and another 4 with green saddles... Just curious if anyone knows how long they carry them there...

I havent seen any babies just yet, but there are other fish in the tank and the tank is planted, so they may have been eaten or in hiding.

That's cool! Sorry, I don't know much about ghost shrimp accept the are clear like ghosts.
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

I actully have a couple of them that are not completly clear and have white and black spots not only on thier tails but all over there body (and both are currently holding babies). They also have red spots on thier tails and antena

Many people do not find them intersting but i can sit for hours watching swim around, scavange for food and molt, plus they are dirt cheap!

http://www.planetinverts.com/ghost_g...ss_shrimp.html Here is a good site that shows what a few of mine look like as well as a bunch of other shrimp and snails.

Comment

they start with larval stage first... you need a good current in the tank and micro foods or algae for them... and it really depends on what kind of 'ghost' shrimp you got.. if you got the glass shrimp... then you might see them grow into adults.. there are also good chance they might be the brackish ones...

Comment

old pics of mine...

Comment

If you can actually count the eggs (usually less than 20 eggs), then it's a high possibility that babies don't go through a palegic phase. Which means you get mini shrimplets instead of larvae.

If all you see is a mass of hundreds of tiny tiny eggs on their swimerettes then they have a larvae stage and most probably need brackish water + phytoplankton for larvae to develop properly.

A pic would help.
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Good info, they only have around 20 eggs each. Il try and snap some pics later

Comment

Working...
              X