Rim for a 125g aquarium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim for a 125g aquarium

Hi guys. I wanted your opinion and ideas. I got a 125g tank that has a small piece of the rim broken. It is about 2 inch piece on the bottom rim. the break is on the width of the tank a few inhes fromt he corner.

Will this affect the integrety of the tank? If so, what is the best method of fixing the problem. Can i just build a rim that fits tightly around the existing rim. If that works how tight does it need to be?

I think the rim just makes it look cleaner, But don't take my word for it.
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Yea i think it may as well... But i want to be certain its not gonna be affected. Either way the whole rim will be covered by the stand I am building, I just need to know if it will affect the tank in any way so i can make a really tight rim around it on the stand, if not then ill leave a few mm gap to make it easier to get the tank in place..

Comment

When you say rim, your referring to the Trim that is connected to the top and bottom edges correct....?

In most cases the trim that surrounds the top and bottom are not going to add much support to the overall integrity of the tank since they are usually four seperate pieces siliconed to meet at the edges.

I wouldn't sweat it ... until it's time to sell it...

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Yep it was the trim. I still have hte peice that came off. Ill glue it on and all will be good.

Comment

there you go....
            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
            X