Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55g discus tank

fish gone
    Last edited by specialone0812; 06-27-2009, 11:42 AM.

Very colorful set up, aren't discus just about the most graceful and regal freshwater fish there are?

How long have you had them and do they have any tank mates or planned tank mates?

How large are they?

Do they have names?

Do you feed them anything special to make the red's pop like that? Those melons are spotlight stealers.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

discus is the most beautiful fish for me now.
      i converted my frontosa tank to discus about 3months ago. tank mates: 3 clown loaches, 6 matae cories, and a common pleco. ( i had ram, angel, guppies in there before, but because my discus could not compete to other specied for food, so i moved all species to another tank)
      size: most of them are 4', the little white diamond is just 1 1/2 '
      i have not named them yet.
      i m feeding them fronzen blood worm, dried blood worm, brozen brine scrimp, beefheart, tetracolour pellet, flake.
      i got the red melon from Dan, i think those are the beautiful red i have seen.

Comment

oooo... very nice indeed
        :emt_thumbs:
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

where did you pick up 1 1/2" discus???

Comment

My favorite place in town.
            Last edited by specialone0812; 06-27-2009, 11:42 AM.

Comment

very nice selection!
              25g - Reef
              3.5g - Surge Tank
              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Very nice, very colorful.

Mark
                What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

some of my new green discus

Last edited by specialone0812; 04-04-2009, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I see you got the good ones from the batch. did you get the no spots, semi-spots, or full spots? Either way, they are looking good and seem very comfortable in their new home.
                    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Are you still keeping the discus in a 55? What's the total number? I counted at least 13, maybe 14 discus. I think you're gonna be hard-pressed to keep the water changed enough for good growth. When/if they ever reach adulthood the tank is gonna be way, way overstocked. I'd start lookin to upgrade to a couple hundred gallons ASAP.

Mark
                      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

a 125 would be a nice fit for them. I have 12 adults in mine and I actually considered going shorter, but they got used to the length and now love it.
                        250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

i have 5 adults in 55g. and 11 young discus( about 2.5 inches). this summer, when i have more time, i will split all the adults to breeding tanks pair by pair because they form in pair already . but for now, i enjoy them schooling around my 55g. with 60% every 3days, i don't see anything wrong with them.
                          for the fish, i got them from my friend-he's a discus breeder. the green i just got from him are the composite between green and semi-spot wild green. he told me so.
                          wish i have better camera. the pics don't look so real.

Comment

i have 5 young discus, and 4 bigger ones in a 90 gallon, along with 4 rummynose tetras, 3 cory cats, and 1 albino bristlenose pleco. Can I add one more discus?

Comment

. He has a lot experiences about discus, i just do by my feeling. and it works for me.
                              Last edited by specialone0812; 06-27-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X