help 911!!! severum upside down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help 911!!! severum upside down!

was fine this weekend, this morning found him upside down barely breathing... transferred to hospital tank, treated with stress coat, salt, and melafix... now gotta go to work... any ideas?

We need alot more info to help.

Tank conditions...current setup
    Recent activities...WC, new decor, etc.
    How long have you had the fish?
    Tankmates?
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002 View Post
      We need alot more info to help.

Tank conditions...current setup
      Recent activities...WC, new decor, etc.
      How long have you had the fish?
      Tankmates?

+1 More info needed.

Comment

tankmates were juvie dempsey's,carpintis, and flowerhorns... the severum is at least twice the size of everyone else... didnt see em fighting or nothing... only thing new was changed the prefilter on my wet/dry. water parameters and temp are good... no one else is actin up. had the fish for 3 days, bought from fishranch

Comment

oh yeah, tank is a 75 gallon rr, wet/dry with a 500gph pump... fish are still babies and there is plenty of room. fishes are eating and actin normal... i found the severum upside down up by the overflow... right now he quarantined treated with salt, melafix, and a lil stress coat.... ive never seen a severum like this one so i pray he makes it... looks like a pigeonblood discus

Comment

well, just got home, he still upside down, this time resting on the bottom. looks like he has some kinda flesh eating bacteria or somethin... his rear half looks like its peeling off, his fins are rotting, and he has white balls (like big ich) in his pec fins... i guess ill see if he comes around... meanwhile, i need to find more of this type of severum... he was the only one in a tank ful of green ones at fishranch... oh well

Comment

maybe start treating with melafix?

Comment

Hi,

The condition of "Up side Down" is possibly an issue with the swimming bladder, internal infections, or parasites, or other "UNKNOWN" disease states.

I have had certain degree of success with "Maracyn Two" in the past.
                Keep the temperature stable, lights off, no disturbance, and do a 50% water change each day, and follow the schedule to give the medication.

The fish may survive with a little luck and care.

Good luck!

Comment

thanks dragon lady, already using melafix... if he's alive in the morning, im hoppin over to fishranch
                  (down the street) for the maracyn

Comment

Good Luck hope all turns out well!!

FF

Comment

he is a red severum btw fish gallery usually has them in check there if u want more man i hope he makes it i have always liked the reds

Comment

Working...
                      X