Blocked at work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocked at work!

Bummer! I tried to get on the box at lunchtime today and I get a websense page saying the sites blocked because of "Web Chat"

I know I was able to access the box towards the end of last week, have any changes been made over the weekend? I was guessing it was the new webchat, but I saw in the other thread that it was setup a couple weeks ago.

I'll be bummed if I cant get on the box at lunchtime
    Attached Files

Fish Pr0n. Big NSFW no no!
    Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

It must have just picked up the fact that there is a chat app here now. I'll take it down if it's something that a lot of members are experiencing. Websense is a pretty popular app, so it's possible it could be a widespread problem.

Let me know if anyone else is experiencing this. I'm not going to make the decision on my own. Please everyone pull together and decide if the chat room is worth it.
      Our Fishhouse
      Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

I somehow seriously doubt if my "office" would ever block HFB .

I haven't seen that much usage of the chat area and I've only been in there once that I really had a conversation with anyone.

So, that being said, I'm neutral on whether or not it stays. I can't say that I would miss it, but then I don't do a lot of live chatting in general.
        Last edited by szidlon; 02-16-2009, 07:42 PM. Reason: Stoopid spelling
        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

IMO the chat sounds like a great idea but I never see anyone using it.....so maybe it is only a good IDEA and not really all that functional. just my 2 cents.
          25g - Reef
          3.5g - Surge Tank
          10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Would it be possible to host the chat at a different domain, that we could access with a link?

I know that would cost more... :(

Comment

I tend to agree. There were a lot of requests for it, but I haven't really seen it 'catch on' yet. I'm also neutral on whether or not it stays. I thought it would be good for those who want to go and talk politics, but I don't think I've ever even seen anyone in that room.
              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Is it too much trouble to activate and de-activate? Perhaps the chats can be pre-scheduled?

Comment

It's not a feature built into vBulletin, it's an app that I've integrated in to work with vBulletin, so I don't have the option to disable it. Plus I don't know exactly how Websense is finding it. I suspect it's the ports it's using, but I'm really not sure. It's either installed and running or uninstalled.
                  Our Fishhouse

Comment

I only seen 2 people using it.

Comment

I really like the chat room and use it whenever I see others on....but with that said, there is never anybody using it so it wouldnt be a terrible loss.
                      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

This happened to me today. Websense blocks HFB as web chat.
                        Checkout my blog AquaMusing
                        sigpic

Comment

I happened to use it for Math help....if that matters to anyone. Getting help via PMs can be difficult and frustrating!
                          Katamari Damacy...That's just how I roll...

Comment

Working...
                          X