NEED yall's opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED yall's opinion

these are in dallas area. Im thinking of driving up there for them, if he can give me a good deal. so far the price is $40. is it worth the trip?
    Last edited by Rico; 03-30-2009, 10:51 AM.
    fishless

what kind of fish are those? they look pretty good to me and I dont believe I have seen them around here anywhere
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

red terrors (Amphilophus Festae). hard to find in lfs. ive seen some but they are small.
      fishless

Comment

Those are very nice specimens!

I would probably do a little LFS dig up there while I'm at it before driving back with the fish. Just to make it worthwhile I guess.... and if the wifey is in on the trip the mall there is nice, I had to drag mine along once to pick up the L046 plecos and as much as I dropped on them we stopped by the mall to keep the drive back civil.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The galleria in Dallas is great place to help your wife forget how much you just spent. Just tell her it is a trip for her.
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

thats what im gonna have to do. if she finds out that im going out there for more fish, she's gonna go crazy.

does anyone know where i could find something like these here locally? just want to make sure before i make a 9 to 10 hr trip.
            Last edited by Rico; 02-16-2009, 11:39 AM.
            fishless

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
              Those are very nice specimens!

I would probably do a little LFS dig up there while I'm at it before driving back with the fish. Just to make it worthwhile I guess.... and if the wifey is in on the trip the mall there is nice, I had to drag mine along once to pick up the L046 plecos and as much as I dropped on them we stopped by the mall to keep the drive back civil.
              +1.

Dallas is more in to Malwai & SA than they are Tang, so after hitting a few more LFS up there you might find a few more keepers.

I remember their Fish Gallery on Greenville (just north of Park) had a ton of SA fish (but that was back in October). Plus, the Northpark Mall (which better compares to our Galleria) is literally right there across freeway to drop your wife off at.

Either way, don't forget your bubbler and good luck!
              Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

thanks for the advice guys but i've decided not to make that long trip.

i really wanted them but my car is still at the mechanic shop and i dont want to hear what my wife has to say about me going out there.
                fishless

Comment

in the shop huh? im a mechanic, ill trade work for fish lol
                  anyways, those look real good... id get em

Comment

Working...
                  X