diatom powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diatom powder

just put my diatom filter on the 60. It has 20 cats and 7 yoyo loaches. MTS went under the gravel when I put the loaches in the tank a few months back. I have not seen them since. I had just done a w/c. maybe it's a coincedence but the snails started climbing up the sides of the tank like crazy. I wonder if the diatom powder irritates them. they sell it at the nursury as slug and snail killer. what do ya'll think?

Trophs & Petros ONLY

If you have diatom skeletons coming out of the filter then you have a hole in your bag. Depending on how big the hole is you may need to replace it.

Diatomaceous Earth is a natural, organic insect killer. Diatomaceous Earth kills by physical action and not by chemical so there is NO harm to pets or humans. The tiny hard and sharp diatoms scratch off the insects waxy coating, causing it to dehydrate.
    Use Diatomaceous Earth for control of roaches, silverfish, ants, fire ants, bedbugs, lice, mites, spiders, earwigs, flies, fleas, box elder bugs, scorpions, crickets, and many other insects.

However underwater snails eat diatoms
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I have one of those diatamagic filters. It always releases some powder in the tank.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Working...
      X