HFB Ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFB Ranks

I'm only posting them here until I figure out where they will go permanently.

Minimum Posts User Title
    0 Look at me! I'm new here.
    10 What is this... FISH you speak of?
    25 So, those are scales.
    40 I know a little about fish.
    60 Excuse me while I tend to my crab.
    80 Stop staring at my caudal fin.
    100 Yes, I clean my own aquarium.
    130 All your fish are belong to us.
    170 It's Cichlid, Not sicklid.
    220 Hey, watch the slime coat buddy!
    280 I don't blink.
    350 My Pectoral fins are HUGE baby!
    430 I have crossed the lateral line.
    520 My barbels feel great!
    620 I have an aversion to salty water.
    730 My swim bladder is full.
    850 I'm a fish herder. Like my chaps?
    980 Do I feel pain? Who's asking?
    1120 I have been to the bottom of the lake.
    1270 I'll have the flakes to start, thanks.
    1430 Mmmmm...shrimp pellets.
    1600 I laugh at Hole In the Head.
    1780 FISH love me, and fish want to be me.
    1970 I am FISH.
    2170 I am as close to Dagon as you can get.
    3000 Dagon
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Hi, I think the HFB rank does not do any good. All it does is encourage people with low self esteem to post in every thread regardless weather they have something useful to say or not. I find it very childish and lame. I realize that it creates a lot of activity on the HSB but this is a pseudo activity. More not always means better. Any comments on that?

Comment

I always enjoyed it. Not trying to make it to Dagon, but looking up one day and seeing a new tagline under my name. I can't speak for everyone, but I always thought it was fun. Just my 2 cents.
      Our Fishhouse

Comment

I can see both sides of the argument here....personally, I don't care for the "collar" but, I don't mind keeping track of how many posts I have made, just for S.A.G.

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I thought it was fun as well, and I never posted in excess just to see my rank change. In fact, I don't even have a rank anymore :(, not that I care. You will always have some people who post just for whatever their own reasons may be, having a rank or not will not discourage these particular posters. I'm not referring to anyone in particular, just what I've seen on other forums as well. So now we have four cents, another four dollars and we can get a cup of coffee
          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Originally posted by Bogdan View Post
            Hi, I think the HFB rank does not do any good. All it does is encourage people with low self esteem to post in every thread regardless weather they have something useful to say or not. I find it very childish and lame. I realize that it creates a lot of activity on the HSB but this is a pseudo activity. More not always means better. Any comments on that?

I don't think that I could disagree more.
            Not especially with what you're saying but with your reasoning.
            I don't think that posting has anything to do with fluctuation in self-esteem.
            Sure, some people post out of jest but I don't think that anyone gets on the box to boost their self-esteem in the morning. How would posting boost self-esteem? I don't even think I see the correlation.

I think it's all in good fun. The counting, the naming, etc.
            Just as HFB is, all in good fun.
            Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
            Alexa Rae
            Co-President of CAK
            MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

It helps my self esteem.... makes me want to wake up in the morning and helps me sleep easier at night.

without it I think life would be just as nice as jumping off a bridge.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by Bogdan View Post
                Does the ranking really mean anything...Nope. I don't agree with your logic that it encourages people with low esteem. I think it was just fun seeing myself go through the rankings. Does it mean I'm better than others...of course not.

To me...it is an indication that someone is either "new or a lurker" or that they've been around a while or post alot.

I say leave it.

That's my buck - fifty worth.
                Raul
                PokerFace

Comment

Or go with what EK just said....LOL.
                  Raul
                  PokerFace

Comment

The ranks stay. That was one of the original HFB items that didn't come across automatically during the migration, so I had to dig them out of the old database and type them in by hand. I'm not going to zap them NOW.
                    Our Fishhouse

Comment

i'm not sure how to respond to the "self esteem" comment....
                      i myself am proud to be the 2nd woman dagon on here.....in fact i wish mine said "Diva Dagon"....that would really be cool....
                      but it has nothing to do with "useless banter"....it's all in fun and great information on here.....i say leave it alone....

Comment

I just noticed something....

I have 10k past what the highest post ranking alotted.... so I guess that puts little to no truth behind your statement bogdan. I mean what would engourage higher self esteem if I've hit a wall?

What self esteem have I gained in the past 10k post which I've received no "rank" for?
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                          What self esteem have I gained in the past 10k post which I've received no "rank" for?
                          you get to be the coolest guy on HFB.......PFFT!
                          25g - Reef
                          3.5g - Surge Tank
                          10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

To tell you the truth I think most hate me.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

poor Ek. this ones for you ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

:)
                              25g - Reef
                              3.5g - Surge Tank
                              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Working...
                              X