Howdy HFB!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy HFB!!!

Hey guys and gals! I signed up a while back, but have been kinna busy since then .

Wanted to introduce myself. Some may know me and some may not, but I'm one of the admins on DFWfishbox.

I currently have a custom built 33 long (48"x12"x13" - link below) setup for breeding miniature shrimp.

I recently sold off my 90 gallon setup to make way for a much larger heavily planted tank (wife says only two tanks in the house, she didn't say a gallon limit ).

Also plan on building a plywood tank for my back patio for native species. Should be a cool project .

I look forward to meeting and getting to know ya'll!
    Thanks,
    AndrewH

"If people would focus on the important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Planted 33 gallon
    Planted 55 gallon
    Planted 90 gallon

Hi Andrew. Welcome to the Box.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Welcome!
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

welcome to the box....

Comment

Welcome!
          Karen

Comment

Nice to have you....keep the pictures and projects going, we love them all.

CF
            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Welcome Andrew.
              I hope you get some pics of all the projects and post them!
              Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
              Alexa Rae
              Co-President of CAK
              MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

How's the Dallas Box doing ?
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

welcome!!

Comment

Hi there.
                    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Welcome to the HFB!
                      Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

welcome!!!!!!
                        25g - Reef
                        3.5g - Surge Tank
                        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

andrewh, Have there been any tornadoes in the Dallas/Fort Worth area yet?
                          Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Welcome!
                            300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

(hmm was beginning to think no body liked me. That worm I was about to put into my mouth sure was glad when he saw the e-mail notification come in - till he went for a swim with the fishes - lol)

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome.

Dallas fish box is not doing so well, but DFWfishbox is doing GREAT!!!

Most of the projects are in the design phase (working in the engineering field I tend to over plan everything, but it's not always a bad thing).

I'm working out the details (and saving my pennies) for a heavily planted 280 gallon (72x36x25tall) with custom built stand and canopy, plus a 400-450+ gallon plywood tank for the back patio for native species. I also kinna have in the works a 1400-1500 gallon custom kio pond, but this is way out as I still have to design and build the deck, etc.

Pictures and a full step-by-step build of all projects will definitely be available when the time comes .

We had a tornado some through downtown fort worth a few years back, but nothing real recent that I'm aware of. Did receive 3/4" of rain last night which we needed bad.
                              Last edited by andrewh; 02-17-2009, 11:20 AM.
                              Thanks,
                              AndrewH

"If people would focus on the important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Planted 33 gallon
                              Planted 55 gallon
                              Planted 90 gallon

Comment

Working...
                              X