Need Some Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Suggestions

hey guys and girls, i have finally added my smaller cichlids i grew out to my 125g from my 75g, anywho, the 75g is empty now, and i need some suggestions on what to put in it.
    i know i want SA/CA cichlids, but havent decided on which kinds yet, which is where yall come in, i dont want anything pansyish, ie; angels, discus, dwarfs.

i want some interesting fishes, so throw me out some ideas. i want a SA/CA communtiy, much like my 125g.
    throw me some ideas.
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

forget the SA's. Sell me the tank.
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

Comment

flag chiclid
      Blue acara
      Geophagus' crassilabris
      Geophagus sp. "Tapajos II" (Tapajos)
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

red devils, green terrors, texas cichlids, jack dempseys, and if youre like me, a flowerhorn... im growing those out in my 75 gallon, and they get along as long as you have enough obstacles/decoration/hiding spots... how about severums??? or maybe discus?

Comment

i say blue acara, keyhole, flag, severum, throw in a pink convict or two.. i can give you one
          65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
          55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
          30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Jags, Nics, firemouths, g. brasiliensis, blue acara. Not all together, but maybe a couple pair from the group, along with some decent-sized dither like buenos aires tetras or emperor tetras.

Mark
            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

100 convicts
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                100 convicts
                or you can start with a pair and wait a month

btw, my next project is to breed my awesome convict (brad - if he survives) or his calico convict wife (angelina) with a blue one and see what comes out
                65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
                55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
                30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

or start with 100 and wait a month from then
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

geophagus!!!
                    25g - Reef
                    3.5g - Surge Tank
                    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

sell me the tank!
                      :musik:
                      If it ain't wild caught
                      You ain't doing it right

Comment

all aesome suggestions except frontosaurusrex:P
                        i already have blue acara, nic, gts, and salvini.

but i would love another pair of Geophagus Brasiliensis, i just havent seen any lately:(
                        all i ever see is bahia reds.
                        i would LOVE crasiliberis(SP?) but i havent seen those ever, i had a small juvie i got from jeff wrapps, but lost him to neotropical bloat:(
                        i think i will look for some nice geo bras,
                        and i love the idea of a big group (~15 of the buenos aires tetras)
                        and maybe 3 pictus cats.
                        but i wont be able to add any other cichlids with them in the 75g if i have a pair, i remember that lesson from the last geo bras pair i had, they get mean when breeding.

keep the suugestions coming!
                        i would like a breeding pair of cichlids with an aggression level no higher than that of a green terror, no jags or devils, i have been down that road,
                        and i would like something no bigger than a full grown male geo bras, around 12"tl.

i really like the geo bras idea, but keep them coming!
                        FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

fish ranch on larkwood has a bunch of the geophagus your looking for. How about a tiger shovel x redtail mix? Oh and definately go with red severums. Texas cichlids are cool as well, large salvini, chocolate cichlid, the large spot texas cichlid (carpintas) I know I probably mispelled that but who cares...I have a degree!
                          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

xtreme usually has some geo's maybe you could give them a call and see.
                            25g - Reef
                            3.5g - Surge Tank
                            10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

nah, i went by extreme on tuesday and nothing i wanted really:( but he said he will be getting in an order soon.

i will try fish ranch 2, but last time their geo. bras. looked pretty crappy, the only one i saw that looked decent was a 6" male in the back in a tank by itself.
                              FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X