Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Updates and Choose your style

Hi everyone!

I imagine you've noticed some of the changes occurring here on the box lately. Some of the new options are...

- Journal
    - Photo Gallery
    - Style Chooser

There are more to come, but I to stop for a few minutes and let you all know what I've been working on.

In addition, I'm going to create a Poll and if you would take a look at the 2 main style options and vote for your favorite, I'd appreciate it. Both will stay, but only one can be the 'default' style. You can select the one you like for your HFB, but the default will be the one that guests see.

In order to check them out, scroll to the bottom of the front page and on the left you should see a drop-down menu. Take a look at Smooth_vbp and OnlyDev_vbp. Vote for the one you like the most!
    Smooth_vbp
    61.90%
    OnlyDev_vbp
    28.57%
    No Opinion
    9.52%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by imagirlgeek; 01-26-2009, 10:15 PM.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

I can't find the drop-down menu.
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Oops...you need to look on the front page. I'll see if I can add it to the forum pages too.
      Our Fishhouse

Comment

Just to be different, how about if you change the default everytime a new style is selected......
        Then those who haven't selected a style get the new default every time they log in.

ps it's anoying when I hit back space to correct my typo and it takes me out of the reply.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I can't do that. I can only select a single default style to be viewed. I can't rotate them.

I imagine it would be annoying that when you hit backspace it takes you out of the reply...but I don't think that is an HFB thing, is it? I backspace all the time.
          Our Fishhouse

Comment

I'm a Legacy type of guy personally, but I appreciate the choices! Thanks T!
            Last edited by jeebus; 01-27-2009, 12:01 AM.
            Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

Okay, two quick questions.. What happened to smileys and how can I turn the skin off in the forum?

Comment

Nothing happened to smileys. They are still there. What style are you seeing in the forums? It should match the style you have selected on the main page.
                Our Fishhouse

Comment

I chose Legacy on the homepage but it loads one of the modern skins in the forum.

I found the smileys.

Comment

Are you logged in when you are seeing this? I'm trying to repro, but not seeing the same. Legacy wasn't going to be one of the actual choices, but I let it slip through. I may have to fix some of the code for it to work right. But I need to see it not work right first....
                    Our Fishhouse

Comment

I'm logged in. Maybe its that you weren't going to include it? No biggie either way.

Comment

I vote for the legacy style. I have older eyeballs that need the different contrast in colors. Is it just me or are other boxers having trouble with the small font for the posting date in the bar above the post? I like to know what date and time the post was made so that I don't answer last years post by mistake. sunrise

Comment

I have not problems reading it...but I'm a spring chicken compared to you... :)

How you been ? Long time no sunrise on the box.... :)

Take Care

CF
                          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I like the Icons better on Smooth, but I also really like the color contrast of the OnlyDev_vbp version.

I voted smooth because of icons.
                            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Working...
                            X