Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAS Spring 2009 Auction Info

DATE: - - SUNDAY - - March 15, 2009
    *Download Page* Sellers Forms & Auction Rules (click here)

11 AM START - 10 AM SELLERS/BIDDERS CHECK-IN

AMERICAN LEGION POST 11702 GALVESTON ROAD
    HOUSTON, TX 77034
    (WHERE THE JET IS)
    Please no outside food or drink! NO SMOKING per Houston Ordinance!
    It has been confirmed - The American Legion WILL be serving their Steak Dinner

IMPORTANT UPDATE
    -The American Legion is having their monthly "Steak Dinner Night" on the same date. A delicious steak with baked potato and salad dinner will be available for purchase in the afternoon.

THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PICK UP SOME GREAT FISH THAT YOU NEVER SEE IN STORES

AS
    WELL AS SOME COOL STUFF AT THE SILENT AUCTION! DON’T MISS IT!!

CALL 281-286-2238 FOR MORE DETAILS

HOUSTON AQUARIUM SOCIETY
    AUCTION RULES
    --Everyone is welcome, hobbyists and professionals alike. You do not have to be a HAS member to buy or sell. Items are accepted for sale at the sellers risk! HAS will not accept responsibility for any item’s safe keeping nor its condition before or after sale.
    --There is no bag limit! Priority stickers will be issued at the time of registration. Each seller in the auction will be allotted four colored stickers for each four items to be placed in the auction. The items will be divided into four color groups, red - yellow - green - blue. If a buyer wishes to move a bag up in the auction, he may do so by paying a $2.00 fee.
    --Proper fish bags must be used. Zip-locks and baggies are unacceptable. Live animals must be properly bagged with air and water. Please double bag. There will be a $2.00 charge to the seller of any bags that we must re-bag.
    --Please label bags with fish or plant name, quantity, and sex if known. Labeling must be done in waterproof black ink. If a stick-on label is used it must be white.
    --Larger fish or animals may be put into buckets or Styrofoam boxes to be sold with the item.
    --Minimum bids will be accepted! However, 25% of the minimum bid will be charged to the seller if the item is passed.
    --Seller will retain 75% of the sale price with the remaining 25% going to HAS.
    --All sellers will be given a seller number which must appear on every item.
    --Buyer and seller number are not necessarily the same. Anyone wishing to bid, including sellers, must be registered as a bidder. There is no admittance fee. There is a $5.00 bidder fee per person if you wish to bid on anything in the live or silent auctions
    --At least 5 minutes notice will be given before closing each table at the silent auction.
    –If you wish to obtain a seller number before the auction or have any other questions please call 281-286-2238.
    --The American Legion Post will serve refreshments at a nominal fee.
    Please no outside food or drink! NO SMOKING per Houston Ordinance!

Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

YAY!! Gots it on my calendar. See u then folks

Comment

It will have been a long dry season since the last auction in the fall. I'm ready!

Comment

I will actually be going to this one!
        2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

Let the Great Pleco Wars begin!
          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

YEAHHHHHHH......thought it would never get here.....

Hey Nick you sure you don't have to go see madonna or cher....or get out that black leather number for a concert of some sort....

you know i will be there and the plecos will be mine......

Comment

I'm gonna try and make it...... beer and steaks! yum!
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by fishlady View Post
                Hey Nick you sure you don't have to go see madonna or cher....or get out that black leather number for a concert of some sort....

you know i will be there and the plecos will be mine......
                Not this time.
                I don't think you guys want me wearing leather garb at the auction! :?

The Pleco Wars will go on as scheduled!
                PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

okay...you asked for it dude/ette

Comment

PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

FL & Nick- you are CRACKING me up! I'm gonna sit far away :)

I'm gonna try not to drink as many mojitos this time- maybe I'll spend less money!!!

Maybe Spyke will let me have my own auction card this time- wooohahaha!

Comment

Must be Spring Cleaning Time............

Originally posted by treehuggingfishlover View Post
                        Maybe Spyke will let me have my own auction card this time- wooohahaha!
                        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
                          Not this time. The Pleco Wars will go on as scheduled!
                          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Ummm, do we need to have a bouncer at this one, or should we just set up a ring and sell tickets

Comment

yep you get your own card !!!!so you can buy "pretty fish", BTW I'm drinkin this time!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X