What Eats Planaria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Eats Planaria?

I think I remember hearing a while ago that gouramis eat planaria. Are there any other species anyone knows of that will eat planaria? The tank in question is a planted tank, I think 75 gallons. Currently it only has about 15 to 20 Amano shrimp. The planaria showed up over the weekend. Yucky. Thanks for any help!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Any small gourami will do the trick, but even with these fish in it will be hard to kill them all.
    I wonder if they will die with a dose of potassium permanganate.
    Cheers,
    Luis

Comment

How would the shrimp fare with the PP, though? Would they be okay? It's a new tank, been up about 2 weeks. So i'm not too concerned with eating all of the planaria, but I'd rather have something in there to help me get rid of them.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I've been experimenting with salifert exit. It's for SW tanks, but i tried a small dose on my guppy tank and it took care of all the planaria within 30 min!

But i'd personally won't use it with shrimp. Not until someone tests it out first.
        I'm planning a test soon...scoop out all the shrimp, dose the tank, do 100% WC and filter through with carbon.
        Last edited by nacra99; 01-22-2009, 12:59 PM.
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I used the FWE on my reef tank which had lots of inverts, tube worms, pods, etc. and didn't notice any of them being effected by it.... wonder if it would be the same in FW.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
          X