Yellow Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Shrimp

Here are some pics of my yellow neocardina. I got these from msjinkzd at Aquaria Central, shipped all the way from Pa. She sells several different kinds of shrimp and an amazing variety of snails.

These are the shrimp I was selling a few months back.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Re: Yellow Shrimp

Those look great!  I am in the market for some shrimp myself, these look like a good option.

Comment

nice looking yellows, so whats that white stuff ur feeding next to the sucker cup...

Comment

is that a potato with a hillstream loach?

Comment

Great looking shrimp! I see a cucumber or zucchini with shrimp, snails and an albino bristlenose pleco.  Yumm  
          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Right on the money, szidlon. It's a chunk of cucumber and that's an ABN from Walter. I feed cuke, zuke, spinach, romaine lettuce, blanched carrots and a modified version of my discus food, much heavier on the veggies.

Mark
            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Wow... she shipped you a whole bunch!
              looks awesome!
              www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I see you peel your cuc's for them.  I don't anymore, I used to but stopped.  They will eat everything out of the center and the outside shell is left.  I do, however, remove the seeds.  I got tired of chasing the seeds around the tank  :evil: .  BTW, this is for ABN's only, I don't have shrimp, but do have plenty of snails   .

Humm, I have a beef heart mixture that is heavy on the veggie side, maybe I'll give them a treat today.

Your yellows really intrigue me, to the point of having a serious self control issue.  I do have about 6 ten gallons tanks just sitting around.  Hummm...

Comment

I peel the zukes and cukes out of paranoia about pesticides...silly of me probably as washing would probably suffice. The MTS make short work of the seeds so I leave 'em in.

nacra, she sent me a dozen initially. They've increased their numbers since then...very prolific little critters.

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

So, I'm guessing these sparkling little yellow shrimp would not be a good shrimp for a first time shrimper to start out with?

Comment

Originally posted by szidlon";p="
                      So, I'm guessing these sparkling little yellow shrimp would not be a good shrimp for a first time shrimper to start out with?
                      I don't see why you couldn't start with yellows. They are in the same family as cherry shrimp with the same care needs. I suggest getting one of the tens you have up and running, fully cycled before adding the shrimp and, if not planted, with at least some java moss in it. For filtration a ugf or sponge filter will be adequate. When I first got them I acclimated them like fish. I do a 50% weekly water change.

I'd keep them separate from any other neocardinas like cherries because they can interbreed and the offspring will be a muddy brown, wild color. I have one tank with cherries and the other with yellows. msjinkzd is breeding a blue Sulawesi shrimp that I'm gonna try as soon as she gets enough to distribute.

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                      X