imbellas vs plakats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imbellas vs plakats

i was looking at the two and was wondering what the difference was, besides the price :?

Re: imbellas vs plakats

Plakats are Betta splendens and imbellas are Betta imbellas. Plakats are the "wild type" of the common Betta, and imbelllas are "wilds". That's the short of it, but I'm sure PhishPhreak will come along an elaborate more.
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Plakats are the wild (orignal) short fin version of Betta Splendens.
      Imbellas is a similar species,  Betta Imbellas.
      There are over 75 recogonized species of Bettas    
      The International Betta Congress, IBC, is an organization dedicated to the keeping, breeding, showing, and protection of Betta splendens and wild type bettas.

but only the Betta Splendens is commonly available in local fish stores.

Over the last few centuries, betta breeder have selectively changed the Plakat to make a better fish, what we now call the Siamese fighting Fish.
      Metalic colored bettas came from crossing Betta Splendens to other species of wild betta (Betta Imbellis). Imbellis has a higher degree of iridescence on the scales to compensate for the murkier waters of their native lands, and the subsequent outcrosses to Splendens produced a hybred betta with the first metallic scale trait. Asian breeders selectively bred the individuals which showed the most metallic, until the coppery color was very heavy and thick.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

wow guys, thats really cool :smokin: thanks

Comment

Working...
        X