Wormman.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wormman.com

I just wanted to warn everyone about ordering anything from Wormman.com.  I ordered a pound of live blackworms from him on Nov 24, 2008 and never received them.  I called his number and it no longer works, I sent him numerous emails requesting either the worms or my money refunded and never received any response.  I don't know if he has gone out of business, but he is still taking orders and money and not sending the product or refunding the money.

Re: Wormman.com

Sorry to hear.

How did you pay?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I paid with my debit card.

Comment

When I called the machine answered but was out of memory and could not take any more messages.
        I used my American Express and when the bill came I disputed the charges so they removed them while they check.

Since then I have got a hookup with a LPS and they add blackworm to their monday order for me and I pick them up on tuesday.
        My fish love me.

PS - I never use my debit card on the net.   I have a little $500 limit card and I change numbers every 9 months.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="
          When I called the machine answered but was out of memory and could not take any more messages.
          I used my American Express and when the bill came I disputed the charges so they removed them while they check.

Since then I have got a hookup with a LPS and they add blackworm to their monday order for me and I pick them up on tuesday.
          My fish love me.

PS - I never use my debit card on the net.   I have a little $500 limit card and I change numbers every 9 months.
          When did you order from him? Thanks, Pam.

Comment

You can dispute a debit card just like any credit card. Hence the Visa, Master Card, etc. logo on the debit card. Just call your bank. :)

Comment

yeah, give your bank a call.
              I've gone through the same thing with some loaches from another seller and wells fargo just canceled the whole transaction for me.
              Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
              Alexa Rae
              Co-President of CAK
              MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by pam916";p="
                Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="

My fish love me.

When did you order from him? Thanks, Pam.
                The $38.95 charge was posted to my account on 11/23/08
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Okay, so I did a little digging...here's what I found.  The email and phone may or may not be valid anymore, but it's what I found.

Ken Chiarella
                  Email:  ken_chiarella@yahoo.com
                  116 PERGOLA AVE
                  Monroe, NJ 08831-1418
                  Phone: (732) 656-0369
                  Another Phone: (732) 521-8241
                  Fax: 212-202-5162

BBB info:   http://newjersey.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Rep...&firm=26002854

These complaints concerned :
                  1      - regarding Billing or Collection Issues
                  7      - regarding Contract Issues
                  50 - regarding Delivery Issues
                  3 - regarding Product Issues
                  14 - regarding  Refund or Exchange Issues
                  2 - regarding Sales Practice Issues
                  3 - regarding Service Issues
                  Our Fishhouse
                  Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

That sucks! Another loser! I hope you get your money back, Pam. And thanks for letting everyone know about this thief.

Comment

PhishPhreek- Thanks for the info.

Jolley & Alexarae - I will contact my bank tomorrow, it may have been too long for them to do anything about it because they have probably already paid him, but I will try anyway and thanks for the advice.

Imagirlgeek - Thanks for getting that information for me, I didn't have any idea how to find out any info about wormman except what is on his website.  I will try to contact him at the phone numbers and email address tomorrow.  The web site is very interesting and obviously he has a history of screwing people around and ripping them off.

I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your help and support?  Thanks, Pam.

Comment

I filed a complaint against Wormman.com with the BBB of New Jersey.

Wormman has an F rating with the BBB of New Jersey, the lowest rating they have.  In the last 36 mos. there have been 80 complaints against him, 24 resolved, 54 no response and 2 unpursuable.

Comment

I just checked out a site that Wormman.com recommends, reptilesites.com.  Obviously he has not gone out of business, he is an administrater there and he posted yesterday.  He also advertises on the site.  There were complaints about him on the site as well.  He is carrying on as if he was some kind of a decent business man.  What a jerk, I don't know how he can look himself in the mirror.

Comment

Dan with Aquatic Foods says he is handling Wormman's blackworm orders directly now and that if I have a pending order he well see what he can do about it.  He says that Aquatic Foods is not involved in Wormman's business.  Hopefully he can help me out.  I will let you guys know what happens.

Comment

Working...
                            X