No announcement yet.

Do mollies get swim bladder disorders ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do mollies get swim bladder disorders ?

I have had two Black Molly females in my community tank for about a year now. They are the big ones, 4" long, with a barrel chest.   Absolutely beautiful fish.
    However about 6 weeks ago one of them must have given birth because her barrel is gone.  She has a normal stomach now but lies on the gravel and does a shimmy shake all day long with brief excursions to the surface when I feed.   It's not likely a disease as no other fish in the tank has a similar problem but if it’s an injury, shouldn’t she have recovered by now?  She seems to have a little trouble swimming to the surface for food could she have damaged her swim bladder giving birth?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

I don't think that is from spawning...recently I have had several Mollies get like that...and they all die.
    The velifera I have had are naturally built like that, and she may have the mysterious condition I have seen here with my Mollies. No age factor, some younger and some older have developed the condition.
    Please let me know if you find out something...it may be a parasite.
    Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Comment

Working...
    X