What would YOU like to see on HFB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would YOU like to see on HFB?

Okay, some of you may know that I'm currently researching other Hosting companies and new software to run HoustonFishBox.  We are outgrowing both!  Whoo-Hoo!

So, I'm opening up this thread for all of you guys to post all your (forum related) wants, needs, and desires.  Maybe you go to another forum that has a really cool feature you'd like to see here?  Or maybe there's something you really don't like and would like to see changed?

I'm not promising that all requests will be fulfilled, but if it can be done, is reasonable, (and I can afford it), I'll do it.  :)

I'm not looking to change HFB, just give it the room it needs to keep growing.  

So...hit me with your ideas!
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Re: What would YOU like to see on HFB?

A true chat room !
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

That's definitely doable.  :)  

And just so you know, that's why this thread will help so much.  A true chat room uses a lot of server resources, so knowing that's something you want helps me to plan what kind of Hosting Plan I need based on the server load.
      Our Fishhouse

Comment

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.
        Painting the world with drool and poop since 2007! ~ Papa Greg

Comment

That's what i'm talking about!

Comment

I would like for whatever host we get to not block my phone or let the format be supported by my phone.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
              I would like for whatever host we get to not block my phone or let the format be supported by my phone.
              PM me your phone info.  I'm not sure it matters, but I know that there are a handful of browsers depending on the phone you have.  If I know what you've got I can verify there aren't any limits specific to yours.
              Our Fishhouse

Comment

I like the fish profile idea. similar the cichlid-forum but one that includes non-cichlids also. We can make it a hybrid like cichlid-forum and Wilkepedia where everyone gets to input on it and if anything is misstated we can remove parts if necessary.
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I would like to see the donation button put back for those who would like to contribute to the costs of keeping the site up and running.

Also, I think an area for younger members might be helpful, where they can be more easily identified to facilitate better communication.  In some cases the advice given is beyond their abilities (and mine )

Give me time, I'm sure I can think of more ways to spend your money :wink: .

Edit: or an age bracket in the visible profiles in maybe, 10 year increments, but only to 50, once your an AARP member age is irrelevant.  You could give them catchy little names according to the age bracket.

New Years Resolution to complete post then hit enter rather than doing edits is not working out very well for me so far  :sigh:
                  Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I would like to see user & vendor location maps supported again.   The Houston area is so big it is a major part of making deals.

It would also be nice if we had the memory to upload users pix, perhaps only a limited quanity
                    which would make it a bit easier for the not so web-comfy users to show off their stuff.

Possably a link forum where we could post links to outstanding resources & national fish organizations.

Embeded sound files could be fun.......... but it also could get out of hand in a hurry.

Guess I should put high on the list virus protection & security.

All hail the godess of the box.    :)
                    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I want more Tropheus talk. Make it happen!

(Actually, all the ideas like updated maps, rollover browsing, fish profile sections, etc etc... ALL GOOD IDEAS.)
                      Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

+2 for a true chat room. The successful sites I frequent all have one and they're usually a ready resource.

Mark
                        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Some other forums I visit are set-up so that when I put my mouse on the thread topic a rollover pops up that shows the first sentence or two without having to actually click on it.  Can that be done here?

Comment

real chat room = YES
                            donations = YES
                            younger set? = ??  Hey parents-- not member's job to police & some little symbol okay to denote under ?? age..   email/contact to parent available in account/profile...         JMO - think younger input  good & to date,  no problem w/ Cantdoitkid [14yr=mine]  I been aware of.        she has told me on occasion where she opted to change thread due to mean content she read but she was not cause.          she has valued opinions/ideas.       only 1x was she subject to uncalled for comments from a fishboxer & that was in person.            she removed herself from situation & let me know.          questions/opinions she shared during some tense times are life lessons...         real life in our beloved fishy world  = all the mix of personalities that make us return.       life is choices,  a big ole remote controller
                            "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
                            "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
                            -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

The ability to tag photos, so we can identify who is who in pics, like you can in Facebook & sorts

Comment

Working...
                              X