Mods....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods....

There has been a string of edits, post, deletions by one of the mods and honestly I think that if anything is to be edited or what not there needs to be a note by that mod left to let the community know.

There has been edits in other member's post done by a mod which would be misleading to the community and I think that it should be made aware that the mod is doing it.... if not please remove the mod since he is abusing his powers here.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Mods....

EK
    Those are general examples and dificult to work with.  Would you please use more detail or specific examples.
    Thanks
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Too many too list if you can't remember yourself what you have done.

I think position of a mod should be to make sure things go smoothly.... if not then attention should be brought to the problem and the community should be aware of changes made, why and by whom.

You sir have failed to do so on way too many instances and left the community in the dark about it along with editing the member's post without owning up to what you have done leaving the others to read it and be mislead about the member that was victim of your doings. Now if you would leave some sort of disclaimer or not that you edited a post or thread then everyone will know that you felt it was not apporpriate but that was never done and it has gone on for quite some time now.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Okay, going forward how about when a Mod needs to edit a post, we remove only the part of the post that has broken the rules and add....

**EDITED BY MOD**

Lets do this for now until I can come up with a better system.  I'd like to see the reason the post was edited, but I'm not going to ask that be done for now.

Sound fair?
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

From my past experience with mods making deletions, I'm against it. I don't and won't use abusive language, and in my opinion, I have always tried to be as honest as posssible with any of my threads or discussions. I want my words out there for the record, I want other members to "judge" for themselves whether I am full of it or if I'm right on target.....

I too feel however, that if a MOD is going to delete a comment or comments, then he or she should post a disclaimer in regards to their actions.

It's the duty of each MOD to make their own decisions and choose to either take or not take action.

I believe PP is a bit quick to police the threads he is responsilble for, but that is him, making the decisions he feels are the right thing to do according to his belief's, and I respect him for that.

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Works for me
            Thanks
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Let's not point fingers.  The mods are extremely valuable to this site, there is no way I could handle it alone.

The majority of the posts and post(ers) here don't do anything wrong, but on occasion things do get out of hand and we have to step in.  If we didn't, the forum could very quickly go downhill.  I've been on other forums where I don't even want to post questions because of the rude nature of the members.  I certainly don't want that to happen here.  

So we are all in agreement that we do as little as possible to ruin the integrity of the posts while still making sure the rules are followed and this isn't a hostile place to be.  I'm not sure anyone could ask for more.  :)

Let's have less of this    And more of this  
              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Code:
                Just add the reason why its was edited and who the moderator was in a code box like this at the bottom of the post.
                Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

Never mind, the code box on this forum is different from other forums I use.  :think:
                  Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

I've had to delete posts in the HAS section when the Fall auction thread came to be, as someone was posting personal attacks on other members there. I feel I made the right decision.
                    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Yep, that is the right time to do it.  And we'll keep doing that, just instead of deleting it entirely, replace the offending part with ***EDIT BY MOD***.
                      Our Fishhouse

Comment

As a mod, that is your duty to act on your beliefs...if you feel it was for the best interest of the box and the subject matter was contrary to box rules or policies...you did a Good Job.

CF
                        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I'm done with politicing for today, I'm going to go take a shower...and do sumtin around here.... :)

Laters

Comment

that sounds fair traci.....
                            it's good to see a quick response to members concerns ......thank you for your diligence on that....

Comment

Fair enough...

I think deleting should not be the first option.... just a simple edit would show that the post was out of line.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X