Trophs eating bugs, is it ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophs eating bugs, is it ok?

So I was doing a water change today. And a small bug about 1/2cm runs running across the glass top and fell into the tank. It looked kind of like a roach but smaller.

I took a net and got him out asap. Thank god none of my fishes ate him. I was wonder what would happen if a tropheus or a petro ate it?

Not as like a stable....cause I have a good feeling that this would kill them. But like once in a while a bug falls into the tank and I wasn't home to get it out type thing.

Just wondering what all the experts thought.
    I ate my fish that died.

Re: Trophs eating bugs, is it ok?

Wonder who thinks they are an expert?

As a hobbyist I think it will be fine.... there's gonna be some sort of bug content in any prepared food so I don't see why a little bug here and there will harm them. I use to catch little spiders and mosquito hawks and throw it into my tank.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
      It's not what what they thinking regarding themselves.....it's the way the general community thinks of them.

Objective rather than subjective.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson";p="
        Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
        It's not what what they thinking regarding themselves.....it's the way the general community thinks of them.

Objective rather than subjective.

nope... One would have to think they are an expert to reply to a request for an expert.... regardless what the general community thought of them.

Now if you were asking the general community that's a different story.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I agree with EK. I've fed bugs to my fish before. Its a natural fish food in the wild. As long as they haven't ingested some sort of poison or gotten insecticide on them, they should be safe.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

they will be ok man...i'm sorry mr expert

Comment

thanks for the nice info.....mr. expert.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

If their mouth is on the top of their head, they hunt bugs and other floating critters.
                If their mouth is on the bottom of their head they hunt worms and crawly critters
                If their mouth is in the middle of their face, they hunt snails, plankton and other floating critters.
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                X