Orange OHM Bettas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange OHM Bettas

I continue to have good luck spawning bettas..... of course the front passing through had nothing to do with it.  
    This brother / sister pair should produce some real show winners next spring and hopefully there will be enough young ones to share.

OHM = over halfmoon
    halfmoon = the leading edges of the tail have a 180 degree arc / like a half full moon.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: Orange OHM Bettas

Congrats!
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

for some reason "brother/sister pair" doesnt sound quite right to me  

nice bettas there phish !
      My name is Andri, and I'm an Ikoholic ! Back in the game !

Comment

Originally posted by h0nkzz";p="
        I'm guessing you're not from West Virginia.
        So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

:?
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

"Line Breeding" is quite common when trying to "set" traits in a species.
            It helps to establish good genetic features (you get a double dose of good genes), it also shows faults as you get a double dose of any bad genes. :lupe:
            So if they're as good as I think they are, I'll get some show winners.
            If not, I can always pawn them off on you guys  :bsoop:
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="
              "Line Breeding" is quite common when trying to "set" traits in a species.
              It helps to establish good genetic features (you get a double dose of good genes), it also shows faults as you get a double dose of any bad genes. :lupe:
              So if they're as good as I think they are, I'll get some show winners.
              If not, I can always pawn them off on you guys  :bsoop:
              I'd take some.

Comment

I keep telling my younger sisters' that they where adopted...but they knew better, they are after all...my sisters.

Gorgeous Betta's PP

CF
                Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Originally posted by CichlidFan";p="
                  I keep telling my younger sisters' that they where adopted...but they knew better, they are after all...my sisters.

Gorgeous Betta's PP

CF
                  I like messing with my sisters like that.  

Comment

I used to mess with my younger sister also, but then one day when she was holding her breath while going over the railroad tracks I tickeled her....  
                    and she stabbed me with a pencil.   That was 45 years ago and I still have a dark spot in my thigh where the tip broke off.    
                    Now, I don't mess with her if she has a weapon in her hand.

Comment

Well, I've beed doing a little reading on Dragon Betta Genetics
                      and it seems that beeding double dragons is not a good thing.  Some get deformed dragon scales.
                      So I rethunk my plans and decided to cross my orange dragons with my oranges (not related, fish are from two different breeder)
                      TA-Da  The front that came through yesterday just added a little magic.  

Comment

Working...
                      X