Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new guy

Hello.

I'm new to fishbox, but not new to fish.  I've kept fish off and on since I was about 13 - the gray in my beard reminds me that's been a couple of days ago.  First fish were black mollies - I learned the hard way that they really aren't just like guppies.   Currently, mainly African cichlids.  Yellow labs, red-top trewavassae, and some I bought online as Copadichromis azureus, but who knows?  Also have a few Bala sharks, a couple of plecos, and some syndontis.  All scattered out in various tanks: 125, 2 x 75; 3 x 55 - and a 3 x 12 semi-inflatable pool outside - those guys need to come inside pretty quick.  I almost forgot - there are some black mollies and zebra danios in the outside pool, too. I have another 55 and a few small tanks idle - no place.

I'm wondering if there are any folks in my area - actually in Jones Creek, between Brazoria and Freeport.

I've read a few posts, and noticed some refer to this "hobby" as an addiction.  Seems right.  My wife would agree, but I'm not sure she would be smiling.  

Brent

Re: Another new guy

Welcome to the Box.
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

OH no......not another new guy..... :)

Welcome to the box, it's not a addiction, it's an adventure in aquatic life.

CYA round the web...

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Welcome!  :)
        Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Welcome.
          So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Welcome to the box, Brett.

Mark
            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

welcome, welcome!

Comment

Welcome indeed.  
                Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
                Alexa Rae
                Co-President of CAK
                MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

welcome to the box.....
                  jump right in.....

Comment

Welcome aboard.  8)
                    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970