This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAS Auction worries

Ok....it's my understanding that some people are considering not going because of the problem between me and Derric (Delock). This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I hope that everyone that planned to come will do so still. Let me alleviate the fears.

Because this has become so nasty I will solve this problem thusly:

1) There will be no speeches of any kind at the auction.
    2) There will be no confrontations or arguments at the auction of any type.
    3) I will work out a mutually agreeable time and place to fulfill my responsibilities for the bet with Derric if he is agreeable.

It has come down to this. I made a committment to the Houston Aquarium Society long before I made this bet. ITruly, it should never have been at the auction to begin with and I was foolish for allowing it to be stipulated so. If someone wants to call me dishonorable, so be it. I won't allow this event to be sullied because of this. I apologize for my part in letting this escalate to the point where people became uncomfortable. It will not happen again.

This is truly the premier auction in the country. I hope that none of you will allow this foolishness to deter you from attending in any way.

I invite your comments.
    Charles Jones
    http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
    Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Re: HAS Auction worries

There's a bet with Derric?  Man, stay away a few days and ya miss everything.  sheesh...

I still plan on going.  my decision to go was never based on some silliness that people do that doesn't involve me.  

Uh, so what's the bet all about?  I could use something interesting to read, been a long, boring day thus far.
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

In the spirit of not continuing it I will not go into what it was about. There are actually numerous threads. If someone else wants to bring her up to date, other than me, please feel free. I just don't want this thread to get out of control. I wanted to alleviate any fears or concerns that are out there and give everyone my personal guarantee.
      Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

I have let alot of things get out of hand in my life, like how many tanks and fish I have for one. This thing with D, just let it go...

I was thinking of not coming, but only because I don't need to go, I always take home more than I should.
        I have been thinking about getting out of fish keeping all together, there are so many other things I could be doing with my time and money,

But then, there are so many smiling faces starring at me now, how can I just toss them aside.....see you on Sunday.  :)

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Originally posted by marauder_77868";p="
          Ok....it's my understanding that some people are considering not going because of the problem between me and Derric (Delock). This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I hope that everyone that planned to come will do so still. Let me alleviate the fears.

Because this has become so nasty I will solve this problem thusly:

1) There will be no speeches of any kind at the auction.
          2) There will be no confrontations or arguments at the auction of any type.
          3) I will work out a mutually agreeable time and place to fulfill my responsibilities for the bet with Derric if he is agreeable.

It has come down to this. I made a committment to the Houston Aquarium Society long before I made this bet. ITruly, it should never have been at the auction to begin with and I was foolish for allowing it to be stipulated so. If someone wants to call me dishonorable, so be it. I won't allow this event to be sullied because of this. I apologize for my part in letting this escalate to the point where people became uncomfortable. It will not happen again.

This is truly the premier auction in the country. I hope that none of you will allow this foolishness to deter you from attending in any way.

I invite your comments.
          Charles, I think this was a good decision.  None of it belongs at the Auction or any club event.  

Thank you.
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

Thanks.
            Although I will not be going because of a prior commitment and that evening's Madonna concert.
            PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Yeah...didn't check the Madonna schedule...
              Charles Jones

Comment

Originally posted by marauder_77868";p="
                In the spirit of not continuing it I will not go into what it was about. There are actually numerous threads. If someone else wants to bring her up to date, other than me, please feel free. I just don't want this thread to get out of control. I wanted to alleviate any fears or concerns that are out there and give everyone my personal guarantee.
                I dug around and found it.   Even though you both can't seem to play in the sandbox nicely together, I've never had problems with either of you, and have enjoyed the company of both in the past, and I anticipate the same for the future.  I'm glad I'm not in either pair of shoes since I believe MY God (I know there are many who don't believe in mine, or one at all for that matter) would see me as a sad disappointment.  
                We make our own decisions, although they may seem perfectly normal and/or justifiable to the directly involved, I invite you to look at it as a stranger, from a remote distance, who knew nothing of the preceding events.  Then you might see it as I do.  Asinine, non-productive, and certainly not conducive to a fun time.  (That's my opinion of it all, whether anyone likes it or not.)  Don't forget how hindsight offers a much clearer view when the fat lady finishes her song.  I've done my share o' mistakes, and probably still not finished.
                <I will not reply to comments to my opinion above in public.  It's all mine, I don't have to justify it for ANYONE if I don't wanna.  >

Regardless of any of that...

If I see either of you broken down on the side of the road, I will still stop to help you  :).  Cause I still like you guys, and I have the capacity to do so no matter what [s:8755cad226]stupid [/s:8755cad226]things you do, or don't do.

I DO look forward to the auction though, I wouldn't let this booger up the good event it always is anyway.  I hope lots of others feel the same.  Especially since I'm hoping to bring/sell plenty of plants, some Lake Victoria sp. 44 Thickskins(soon to reach breeding age), some albino aeneus cories, some electric blue crayfish, maybe some snowwhite socolofi's (haven't decided on those just yet), some cultures of: grindal worms, microworms, walterworms, bananaworms, california blackworms (dependant upon when they arrive), earthworm pellets (catfishes go NUTS over these, and if crushed or ground up, livebearers do too!).

And when/where ever this [s:8755cad226]silly[/s:8755cad226] bet is done, I expect you both to hug, kiss, make up, move on, and leave the whole thing in the past, buried, where it belongs.  That's the part that would make your parents proud.
                The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Nick just told us he's not going, so, I'm pretty sure there wont' be any huggin and kissing going on.....

But I agree with the point you where trying to make..... :)

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Sorry...I'll go feed my fish and leave the thread alone from now on.

CF

Comment

Originally posted by CichlidFan";p="
                      Nick just told us he's not going, so, I'm pretty sure there wont' be any huggin and kissing going on.....
                      HEY, I've never kissed anyone at the HAS auction before. :?

Now hugs... 8)
                      PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

Now that means I won't be there for:
                        PLECO WARS
                        PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

........whoooohooooo.....no pleco wars.......
                          i'm looking for plants.....and discus......and well......let's just say fishies......

Comment

I will take the plecos now!
                            250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Newb, just ask anyone here. I have a notoriety when it comes to bidding on plecos.  :wink:
                              Fishlady, thank Madonna that the main competition won't be there.  
                              PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

Working...
                              X