Angels with FAT lips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels with FAT lips

Well it started off with just one having it but i looks like another is getting it. The are in a 55 gal with some 4 hillstream loaches and 3 zebra loaches and one BNP all under 2 inches. I do about a 50% water change every week. The water is great. The eat like pigs and seem to be doing well. It just looks like the big puffed up lip top and bottom. I looked through this section and could not find anything on this. Thanks for your help in advance.

FF

Re: Angels with FAT lips

Is there any way you can get a picture of two? That would help.

Is that the only problem, that their lips are puffy? Or are they discolored, etc.?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

As for the pictures, have to wait for the wife to help. Yes that is the only problem. Thier color is normal, they eat well, swim well, its just the lips. I did not think anything of it till another one got it. I'm just wondering if they are all going to end up with it. Its nothing really big, just don't know why the other one got it.

Comment

could they be fighting?
        I had two a while back who went round and round until one had a permanent jutted out lower jaw.
        That is the only thing I can think of...
        5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
        20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
        29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
        29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
        29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
        55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
        75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Originally posted by dblondfemme";p="
          could they be fighting?
          I had two a while back who went round and round until one had a permanent jutted out lower jaw.
          That is the only thing I can think of...
          +1 I was going to ask the same question.
          A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Thanks for everyone chimming in on this one,  NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   What happened to all the PROS !!!  dblondfemme and edmlfc Looks as you were right!!!!! I just found out that I have a bredding pair of veil tail Angel's that are in the MOOD.  I just removed the other three and put them in another tank. Lets see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed.

FF

Comment

I'm glad you figured out it was a pair sparring.  My first thought was that it was a lip fibroma, which is not a good thing.  You'll know soon enough if it is because the growth will eventually get so large the fish will no longer be able to eat.  I'd keep an eye on them both, as if you aren't already since they are spawning, or at least trying to.  Good luck with the pair.
              Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Working...
              X