Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Home for breeding pair of Koi Angels.. w/pics !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Home for breeding pair of Koi Angels.. w/pics !

Here's the new home for the breeding pair of Koi Angels. Put the tank together on Friday night, so another 10 days or so of water changes and I'll move the pair.   Tank is 28 gallon bowfront tank, fit perfect into cabinet that the wife had.

Here's the full shot:

Here's a closer shot straight-on, with a slight left angle, with right angle and from a little overhead:

Plants I bought as a package deal off of Aquabid: Anubias Hastifolia and Lanceolata tied to the driftwood in the middle of the tank with an Anubis Congensis tied to slate on either side of that.  Various Sword plants, in each corner (overhead view shows them growing out of the top of the tank, a couple where rather large once they got here), and in the foreground some smaller swords, Indian Red, Green Ozelot and Marble Queen Radican.  Small rock formation on the left for a couple of Pleco's to use (which I don't have yet, I'll be in the market for a couple in a couple of weeks).

Anyway, there it is, just need for the water to get right and then I'll see if my pair of Koi Angels will be able to raise a family or not.

Re: New Home for breeding pair of Koi Angels.. w/pics !

man those are cool plants are those hard to keep??

jose

Comment

Very nice, hope you get lots of fry!
      A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Originally posted by edmlfc";p="
        Very nice, hope you get lots of fry!
        +1
        25g - Reef
        3.5g - Surge Tank
        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

ooooo.... i like .......

are those flowers from your swords!!?
          looks like they like it too!
          www.ventralfins.com

Comment

The flowers are from the Swords. They came that way, but I've had good luck with the plants I've gotten from this particular source on Aquabid.

JGUERRA, I've had good luck with Swords in my other 2 planted tanks.  New plants do seem to lose leaves (established leaves seem to dissolve / melt)  over the first couple of months as they get established, but then they seem to do very well.

Comment

Working...
            X