betta stand and light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• betta stand and light

so my org. idea was to make planted tank for the bettas... but it would end up costing too much for the lights, so i'll have to stick with the yucky icky plastic plants.. so does it matter if betta gets any light or not?  the location of my stand/shelf doesn't get much light at all.. other then 2 - 3 hours of low light during afternoon and then some more lights from nearby tanks...

Re: betta stand and light

I keep my bettas in bare tanks.  No air, no light, no heat, no filter.  Bunkhouse
    I change the water once a week - this keeps the ammonia & nitrites from becoming a problem, and reduces the alge growth.
    Sometimes I suck the uneaten food and fish poop off the botom of the tank with a turkey baister.
    If the tanks get too green, I move the bettas to quart jars & use bleach to kill the alge. Then rince them and move the bettas back.
    I feed them frozen brine shrimp or high proteen betta pellets or skeeters when I can find any.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

i remember looking at the pics of ur betta room...  i wish i can do that to my place too...     so it doesn't matter if they get any light right?

Comment

I've never tried raising any in the dark and it makes it hard to enjoy them if you can't see them.  
        But, yes, they don't need any extra light.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

well.. its not going to be in the dark... just very little amount light in the area... and i am not trying to breed them or anything... just keeping them for pets...

Comment

Great idea with the bunkhouse phishphreek.
            150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Working...
            X