Looking for best Dallas LFS..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for best Dallas LFS..

Hey everyone, we're up here for the state fair and thought about checking out a Dallas LFS on our way out of town. Could everyone give us their one recommendation for the best LFS in dallas? We prefer stores with better Tropheus/Tanganyikan & Flowerhorn selections.

Thanks!
    Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Re: Looking for best Dallas LFS..

Rift to Reef is supposed to be a nice store. I've never been there and I'm not too fond of the owner....but he is supposed to have a good selection.
    Charles Jones
    http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
    Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Thanks Charles! Unfortunately this place looks to be up in Lewisville and too far away.

Comment

Try the Dallas Fish Box
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Looking on there right now.. We were just hoping for a little first hand experience though. It's still hard to judge the best LFS's by reviews sometimes..

Comment

Dfwfishbox.com is another forum you can check out.

Dane is decent..... he's the owner of rift to reef and usually has a decent stock of tangs. Also he's an ADA dealer.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I just still have a problem with what he did with the first African Cichlids Aquaculture group buy. It really rubbed me the wrong way.
              Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
              Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Same here.... hard for me to refer his shop after that.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Okay, thanks for the links. What's the dirt on R2R? You can't just dangle it out there and not explain..

Comment

There was a slight mis-understanding with the rules of the ACA group buy. A mis-understanding that was expressed through a few forums.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Here's their latest stock: r2r stock.

Looks pretty good.. It might be worth the drive if we can check-out early enough.

Comment

And I will add that Dane is fond of sour grapes.
                        Charles Jones

Comment

I know your looking for FW fish, but this list has 99% of the stores in the DFW listed. Whether it be FW or SW.

Resident BUM !!!

Comment

I've been to Rift2Reef on several occasions. They primarily stock saltwater and Tanganyikans. Regardless of what people say about Dane (the owner), the store has an excellent selection of Tangs at reasonable price. He's been able to special order what I wanted in the past at a discount.  

I'm actually going up there this weekend!
                            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

So you driving up there to pick up your fish Tim?
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X