Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member: Aquarium Aeration Problem! Please, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member: Aquarium Aeration Problem! Please, help!

Problem solved!
    Last edited by FlSHRFun; 09-24-2010, 09:27 PM.

Re: New Member: Aquarium Aeration Problem! Please, help!

What's the lighting like?
    Charles Jones
    http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
    Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Coralife Freshwater Aqualight Deluxe Series - Doucle Linear Strip Compact Fluorescent 24" 2 x 65 watt 6700K (2.95 watt per gallon) BUT, it's a tall 44 gallon aquarium (24" deep).
      If lighting is the cause, can anyone point out a good light set-up that is less than 30" long with plenty of lighting that will reach the bottom?

Comment

The problem I see is that the pH monitor is probably reading incorrect since the waters dKH will alter the pH drop which is what the monitor is looking at to control the co2 so it's over gassing the tank thinking that it needs more when there's too much.

Also how long is your photo period? That plays a role in it all as well and your lights are decent.
        Are you adding any water column fertilizers?
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
          The problem I see is that the pH monitor is probably reading incorrect since the waters dKH will alter the pH drop which is what the monitor is looking at to control the co2 so it's over gassing the tank thinking that it needs more when there's too much.

Also how long is your photo period? That plays a role in it all as well and your lights are decent.
          Are you adding any water column fertilizers?
          The photo period I use is 10 hours.
          If that's the case, what rate should I leave the CO2 rate at? 1 bubble per second? 1 bubble every 2-3 second? Less?
          I just don't understand if I'm injecting more CO2 than necessary and my lighting is decent, why are my Wisteria and Dwarf Baby Tears not growing?

Comment

Fertilization is not up to speed with the co2 and lighting.
            Cut your photo period down to 7hrs and work your way up.
            Co2 1-2bps and test against a known dKH.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I think 1bps in your case should be enough, you need to supplement your plants with fertilizers.
              What is the pH, GH and KH?

Comment

Working...
              X