Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops, wasn't ready for the Angels to spawn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops, wasn't ready for the Angels to spawn.

I've got to get me a better camera for fish pictures instead of using the wife's digital, too blurry most of the time, but here's the story ......

I put 5 Koi Angels into a 20 gallon planted tank that I set up about 3 months ago.  Plan was to have the 5 in the tank until a pair "found" each other and then move them to a 26 gallon bow-front planted tank.  I've been a little delayed getting the new tank together because of work, sick child, etc., etc., etc.  

So the Angels have been on the 20 gallon for about 6 weeks, they even survived Ike !!

Came home last night and these two:

have these three pushed to one corner of the tank:

A little closer inspection found these on the leaves of the sword plant:

Cool pic of mom (dad ?) in the reflection of the tank working with the eggs:

Probably won't have any luck raising anything on this spawn with the other angels in there. I don't want to remove the eggs, I want to have "parent raised" fishies  :) , but at least I know who my pair is now as soon as the new tank is ready !!

Re: Oops, wasn't ready for the Angels to spawn.

Congrats on the spawn   .  Sometimes is takes several spawns before a pair will parent raise, some never get the hang of it.  Oh, btw, once they start spawing, their off switch becomes disabled.  Good luck with pair!
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

congratulations on the spawn...that's so cool....

Comment

weeeeeee babies!!! congrats
        25g - Reef
        3.5g - Surge Tank
        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Eggs were all gone when I got home today :(    Leaf had been picked clean.

Didn't think it would last, but was hoping it would last more than one day.  But I do have my mating pare now ! :)

Comment

oh how sad..sorry that they got eaten.....
            but that's cool that you have a pair for breeding now...they'll give you more soon.....
            get those other guys in another tank quick..... no more caviar for those guys......

Comment

The eggs may not be eaten. Sometimes they move them if they feel a threat around, but it's just a slight chance that happened. Only way to tell is if the mom is still protective and slighty hidden.
              210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
              125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

congrats.....I had some of the same angels a while back but they never spawned for me.  :(

than again, I wasn't too patience with them.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                X