Screw for a Co2 regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw for a Co2 regulator

Does anyone know where I can find a screw for a CO2 regulator?  The kind that holds the hose in?

I bought a used regulator that was missing a screw and I was told by the seller that zipties would work, but it didn't work.

So I need to go out an buy a screw and hope I can make it work.

Or heck, if anyone has a spare one, I would be eternally greatful.  I have had a CO2 tank for a month now, with no ability to connect it.

Re: Screw for a Co2 regulator

Would it be the brass nut on the bubble counter that you are needing?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

That sounds like what she's wanting...don't they have that part at Lowe's? Or maybe an Ace Hardware?
      Charles Jones
      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Yeah it would be the same as the ones you fine on compression fittings.

Just gotta find one with the proper theads.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

How do I do that?

Sorry to sound stupid - but I have never shopped for this kind of thing before.

Kris

Comment

The hardware store has a fitting aisle.... should be in the brass fitting area. It will be sold either individually or with a double beveled/coned ring. You can usually bring in your part and test fit it.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Rock on.  Thanks EK!

Now for question number nine hundred and three

where can I get a valve for co2 line?  I know the airpump ones won't work for long, so where can I pick up the right kind - the one that lets the air only go one way, and not let water in...

Comment

A check valve.

You can get the cheap ones from most any LFS or get one from clippard.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

hmmm ok.  Dan had none.  Will check another lfs.

Comment

I have some clippard ones laying around somewhere new if you have anything you want to offer in trade or what not.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

What would you like in trade?

Not sure I have anything you would want.  Nor do I have any idea what they cost, so as to find something of comparable value to trade.

Comment

I can't stand it any more.   I used to work in a hardware store and this reminds me of my favorite dirty hardware joke........
                        I'd love to tell you but this is a family oriented board so you'll just have to guess.
                        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Dug through my goodie box earlier and found a brand new top portion of the bubble counter which is the lid/o-ring/nipple for the tubing/locking nut and a brand new clippard check valve.

saw that you got rid of your excess cichlids though.....got anything else?
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

guppies, blue crawfish, holy rock galore that I no longer need...

baby red cherry shrimp...

a trio of pineapple sword tails...

a bunch of nerites...

a bottle of mead...

Comment

I could use some more nerites.

I will hand it off to Vanson next time I see him....Either that or I will just leave it in my car if you are near my work place or we somehow work out going to the same place.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X